Twitter Chat: Announcing Early Entry Prize Winners
Ashoka Changemakers, in partnership with General Electric, has been searching for innovations that enable the full economic participation of women in the MENA region through the Women Powering Work: Innovations for Economic Equality in MENA competition. It is time to announce the Early Entry Prize winners of the competition and share innovation trends from our outreach with a broader audience.
Join us for a Twitter Discussion (#SocEntChat) and Google+ Hangout on Tuesday, October 22nd from 3pm to 5pm EET, Cairo Time (9am to 11am EST) to debate some of the key innovation trends from the competition, converse with top social innovators, and meet the Early Entry Prize winners.
What is a #SocEntChat?
Twitter Chats (#SocEntChats) are real-time Twitter-based discussion about social entrepreneurship, focused on specific issues, themes, and events. They are designed to provide a forum for current and aspiring social entrepreneurs, funders, media, and supporters to share their ideas, discuss the state of the field, identify the latest innovations, and pinpoint areas that require deeper exploration. #SocEntChats will be used as a tool to profile influential Thought Leaders and topics that emerge from the community.
Joining the Conversation?
Joining the conversation is easy. Just log-in to Twitter account a little before 3pm EET, Cairo Time (9am EST) on October 22nd, 2013. Then:
- Use the #SocEntChat and #womenWork hashtags to make your comments visible in the stream. Use search.twitter.com or an application like Tweetdeck (www.tweetdeck.com) or thwirl (www.thwirl.com) to follow the hashtags and keep up with the conversation.
- Introduce yourself and take a minute to get to know the other chatters when you join.
- @changemakers will moderate the discussion and send questions to the whole group.
- Send your questions to @changemakers without the hash tag (to keep them out of the stream) so they can be considered for this conversation.
- Stay on topic, be respectful, and have fun!
Recap of the Chat
Visit the Ashoka Changemakers Storify page for a recap with key insights from the Twitter Chat: http://bit.ly/1a0uNS6
Editor’s Note: Ashoka Changemakers and General Electric are searching for social innovators, who are unleashing economic opportunities for women across the MENA region. Enter the Women Powering Work: Innovations for Economic Equality in MENA competition by November 6th, 2013 to be eligible for $25,000 in prize money. Follow #womenWork on Twitter to receive the latest on trends and competition news.