#innovatehealth Interview Series: Center for Health Market Innovations (CHMI)
As we continue to explore reverse innovation in health and health care, we talked with Donika Dimovska and Rose Reis at the Center for Health Market Innovations about their new report, Highlights: 2011. The report offers insights into market-based health programs, including:
- Five health models emerging around the world during the past decade.
- Six ways enterprises, NGOs, and others can mobilize private providers to deliver better care through franchising, high-volume specialty hospitals, and other commercial models.
- Five approaches to expand access and give purchasing power to the poor, including government insurance programs, contracting with the private sector, and mHealth savings.
- An analysis of how information technology can be effectively utilized in health care, presenting six key reasons why technology can improve access, quality, and efficiency.
- Clear, quantifiable ways to report program performance in a simple and transparent way.
- How to connect to CHMI hubs in 16 countries around the world.
Listen to this conversation about reverse innovation, and some of the highlights of this new report.
What is the #innovatehealth Interview Series?
A weekly interview series focused on innovations in health care and delivery from across the globe.
As you may know, Changemakers and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation are hosting a competition to identify health care solutions/models that have the potential to be adapted in other parts of the world. We are already seeing some exciting submissions, and as new approaches to health care continue to roll in from across the globe, our team here at Changemakers wanted to dive a bit deeper into this exciting field of health care innovation.
And what better way to do that, than talking with those who have dedicated their lives to improving health care systems through disruptive innovation? That's why we launched the #innovatehealth Interview Series. From now through the competition deadline (February 13th) we will be speaking with experts in the field of health innovation, and sharing the conversations with you. Stay tuned!
More about CHMI: Launched in 2010, Center for Health Market Innovations (CHMI) is a freely accessible web platform for programs improving the access, quality, and affordability of privately delivered health care for the poor. In its first phase of operation, CHMI identified more than 1,000 programs and policies in 107 countries. Among the 1,000 programs are several recent winners of Changemaker awards, including one of the two early-entry prize winners of the Innovations for Health: Solutions that Cross Borders competition, Beyond Borders: Building BOP Markets & Empowering the Marginalized by Leveraging Corporate Supply Chains.