#innovatehealth Interview Series: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Hear Michelle Larkin (assistant vice president of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation) talk about how the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation views health innovation, and how they would like to see the national debate around health, prevention and wellness develop:
In case you don’t have 15 minutes to spare, here are some of the highlights:
- Health is about more than medical conditions – it’s about living a healthy life.
- Changing the way we think about health, means changing the way we think about the factors that affect our health (like urban planning, education, environmental awareness, employment, etc…)
- Business owners have a role to play in influencing the health of their community – especially in working with community leadership and local policy-makers.
And a few of my favorite quotes:
- “Wouldn’t it be great if we actually thought about health as what we were trying to sustain and maintain, versus health care where we’re trying to treat people after they’ve already become ill?”
- “One of the things that health is about is where we put highways, and where we put housing.”
- “It’s so much easier to maintain health once we have it.”
Ideas on how to promote the kind of work that Michelle is talking about? Send in your entry TODAY! (Deadline is February 13th!)
What is the #innovatehealth Interview Series?
A weekly interview series focused on innovations in health care and delivery from across the globe.
As you may know, Changemakers and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation are hosting a competition to identify health care solutions/models that have the potential to be adapted in other parts of the world. We are already seeing some exciting submissions, and as new approaches to health care continue to roll in from across the globe, our team here at Changemakers wanted to dive a bit deeper into this exciting field of health care innovation.
And what better way to do that, than talking with those who have dedicated their lives to improving health care systems through disruptive innovation? That's why we launched the #innovatehealth Interview Series. From now through the competition deadline (February 13th) we will be speaking with experts in the field of health innovation, and sharing the conversations with you. Stay tuned!