Join Omidyar Network and Changemakers for a #SocEntChat on Flexible Purpose Corporation Legislation Today
Today, April 5th, from 2-4 p.m. EST (11 a.m.-1 p.m. PST) Ashoka Changemakers and Omidyar Network will bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, and the architects of the Corporate Flexibility Act of 2011 to discuss the latest legislation in the trend to create alternative corporate forms for entrepreneurs who desire to mix money and mission in a for-benefit corporation. A little background on the legislation after the jump:
- Last year, Maryland and Vermont passed a version of B Labs Benefit Coropration Law. Numerous other states are considering similar legislation. California's effort stands apart from these other efforts in several ways.
- California may become the first State offering social entrepreneurs an open marketplace of ideas in which two forms exist for creating a business focused on the flourishing of people, planet and profit.
We invite you to participate in this #SocEntChat via Twitter. Share your ideas and insights (and bring your questions!) on this matter and its role in social innovation.
How does it work?
#SocEntChat is a real-time, Twitter-based discussion on social entrepreneurship focused around specific issues, areas, themes, and events. It is designed for current and aspiring social entrepreneurs, funders, media, and supporters to share their ideas, discuss the state of the field, identify the latest innovations, and pinpoint areas requiring deeper exploration.
Instructions to Join
(Skip if you're a regular Twitter user.)
Enter the discussion at anytime by including #SocEntChat in your tweets.
- #SocEntChat will be structured around a series of questions, which all participants can respond to. Send your questions to @changemakers without the hashtag (to keep them out of the stream) to have them considered;
- Introduce yourself in one tweet at the start or when you join;
- Stay on topic;
- Stay calm and respectful;
- Have fun!