Join us July 6 for a #SocEntChat on Partnering for Excellence in Education
On Wednesday, July 6, 2011, Carnegie Corporation of New York, The Opportunity Equation, and Ashoka’s Changemakers® will bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, and enthusiasts from around the world to discuss how to best engage students, particularly our highest-need students, in rich STEM learning (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
Ashoka’s Changemakers invites you to participate in this multilingual #SocEntChat on Twitter between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. (ET), to share your innovative ideas and solutions that address the partnerships, programs, and people that will make the STEM education movement possible.
How does it work?
A #SocEntChat is a Twitter-based real-time discussion on social entrepreneurship themed around specific issues/areas/events. It is designed for current and aspiring social entrepreneurs, funders, media, and supporters to share their ideas, discuss the state of the field, identify the latest innovations, and pinpoint areas requiring more exploration. It is also an open forum for the global public to voice concerns and hopes and propose ideas of their own!
How can I participate?
- First you will need a Twitter account. To find out more about Twitter check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter or just go to www.twitter.com and sign up.
- During the #SocEntChat use search.twitter.com or an application like Tweetdeck or TweetChat to follow the #SocEntChat hashtag and keep up with the conversation.
- Enter the discussion anytime by tagging your tweets with #SocEntChat.
What are the rules?
The #SocEntChat will be structured around a series of questions, which all participants can respond to. Tweet your questions to @changemakers without the hashtag (to keep them out of the main conversation) to have them considered.
- Introduce yourself in one tweet at the start or when you join.
- Stay on topic.
- Stay calm and be respectful.
- Don't forget to have fun!
Photo courtesy of crazy-kuroneko (cc)