Save the Date! Join @Changemakers for a #SocEntChat about Empathy!
February 14th is a day the world beams with love – and what better way to capture that love, by cultivating empathy in ourselves and in our communities?
Join us, the 1440 Foundation, experts and innovators between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. EST on Valentine’s Day for a conversation about empathy: its power, its impact, and its future.
This is your chance to share your thoughts, ideas, challenges, and perspectives—and to connect with innovators and thought-leaders!
How does it work?
A Twitter chat is a real-time discussion focused on a specific theme. It is designed to bring together various stakeholders (from social entrepreneurs and innovators, to funders and media) to share ideas, discuss best practices, identify the latest innovations, and pinpoint areas requiring more exploration. It is also a great way to connect with colleagues and supporters around the globe!
How can I participate?
- Follow @Changemakers for tweets and updates related to the chat.
- During the chat use search.twitter.com or an application like Tweetdeck or TweetChat to follow the #SocEntChat hashtag and keep up with the conversation.
- Enter the discussion anytime by tagging your tweets with #SocEntChat.
What are the rules?
The #socentchat will be structured around a series of questions, which all participants can respond to.
- Introduce yourself in one tweet when you join the chat.
- @changemakers will tweet 5-6 questions in the following format: “Q1: This will be a question about #StartEmpathy #SocEntChat”
- To respond to a question, indicate the question number in your response, and use the following format: “A1: This is your answer to Q1, don’t forget to use #SocEntChat and #StartEmpathy!”
- Be respectful.
- Don't forget to have fun!