Audience: Who have you identified as your customer/recipient groups and do these groups value your solution for different reasons? How do you engage different customer/recipient groups to deliver your solution?
We cater to people in technology or ancillary industries - really, anyone who is interested in tech in some way. The reason we have such a loose definition is because we're trying to inculcate as many people as we can into the tech community - there's no other way to grow it. Our Tech Socials are super welcoming and nonpartisan - so you don't have to be a tech person to join or hang out with us - you just have to not be a jerk. :)
Nobody wants to join a community that's elitist, pretentious, or greasy.
Scaling the solution: How would the prize money and publicity help you to achieve your objectives over the next two years?
Prize money will go towards a few things.
1) Paying very basic salaries so our very passionate people can afford to eat, pay rent, and therefore continue the good work that they do. Our first 4 hires would be in sponsorship, operations, fundraising, and global on-boarding (for difficult time zones) so we (founders) can focus on expansion, replication, and partnerships.
2) Funding splinter cells and events.
3) Marketing, advertising, and PR.
4) Expansion flights/accommodations.
The publicity would help us by making it easier for us to get more sponsors/supporters/partners as well as aiding our global expansion/proliferation by providing international exposure and associated credibility.
Experience: Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered
I've not-so-spectacularly tanked 3 companies.
1) Tech startup - product/service recommendation engine; think "Yelp" but without reviews - just up/down voting. Fatally flawed.
2) Web development firm - somehow thought it was a good idea to compete in the most irritating industry in existence.
3) Coworking space - this was actually pretty good - it was where HackerNest was conceived, housed, and developed.
Are you are eligible to attend the Accelerator event in Cambridge and subsequent events in London, UK in January, 2015?