Tell us about the social impact of your innovation. Please include both numbers and stories as evidence of this impact
INTEGRATED FAMILY WELFARE PROGRAMME
This project, in continuation to provide better and regular services and facilities for the nearby public, has been designed in a structured way intending to cover about 50,000 people of backward areas in selected 16 villages & 43 hamlets .
The selected villages are:-
1. Adarsh - Dungri
2. Rampura / Banas
13. Nai Jamin
15. Jiya Pura
16. Ajari Futela
The key objective of the project is to build capacity, generate awareness and provide health care to the rural population in the selected block so as to bridge the gap between the need and access to RCH services.
The project areas include use of family planning methods, awareness about minimum age for motherhood, spacing between children, awareness about marriage age, records of birth and death, decrease in maternal deaths, vaccinations, child care and nutrition.
The project is working on the following focus areas to realize the desired objectives and make them sustainable.
• Identification and Capacity Building of community.
• To raise awareness and knowledge of community.
• Provide quality RCH services.
1. To build capacity of community through community level volunteers on issues related to general health & hygiene, RCH and to ensure their involvement in making services available on a sustainable basis at the grass root level.
2. To raise awareness and knowledge of the community stakeholders on general health and RCH issues through IEC (Information, Education and communication) and BCC (Behavioral change communication) programmes. This will result in their involvement & participation with the programme, build ownership and shall help it to self sustain.
3. To provide quality RCH services in the target areas.
Project implementing team comprising of the following personnel with specific responsibilities as has been outlined against each:
1 Overseeing the project activities, liasoning with the Government functionaries, monitoring and reporting.
Medical Officer(MO) 1 Providing all medical services, including counseling, as and when necessary.
Nurse 1 Helping the MO in providing medical services, immunization and counseling services.
2 Assisting the Project Manager, MO and ANM in project activities, field visits and counseling, conducting IEC camps.
1 Proper accounting of various expenses related to the project.
Assistant 1 To associate with the Mobile Team and extend services as per team’s requirements.
The following services have been made available to the target groups in the selected 16 villages through:
a) Visit of m