What’s up Bharat is a hub, network and new media platform that delivers services for people who want social change in India. Our tagline is Art-Ideas-Action or Kala-Kalpana-Karma.
Our mission is to connect the youth of India with the resources/networks they need and to inspire, engage and empower them on social change through art, ideas and action.
We have a three step process for change:
• Inspire through Art (kala) – using it to connect across socio-economic divides
• Engage through Ideas (kalpana)– using innovative polling and multimedia curation
• Empowerment through Action (karma) - using programs (forums, workshops, campaigns)
We are creating a new system based on:
• Multi-format physical hub for arts/retail and various events
• Online hub for media, polling and communities on social issues
• Network of artists, college associates and NGO partners, and focused outreach efforts towards excluded segments of the population
The core of our model is our unique "Pew Plus" polling and data analytics platform, through which we partner with experts to create independent polls and disseminate neutral, fact-based research on relevant social issues.
Our platform provides an open interface to all. Users can explore poll results and further engage with social issues through curated media and, uniquely, an offline link to programs organized at our physical hubs.