Heal Pakistan creates sustainable projects by nurturing, empowering & transforming creative & innovative ideas into feasible solutions for economic development.
About Your Organization
Pakistan, P, Lahore
Country where this project is creating social impact
Pakistan, P, Lahore and Gujranwala
Is your organization a
How long has your organization been operating?
Less than a year
Has the organization received awards or honors? Please tell us about them
I started this organization when I was 19 years old. (Now im 20). I wanted to do something to change lives for betterment and to create a platform for all of those who want to be a part of progressive change. In a time span of less than a year we have completed many sustainable Projects which can be seen here : http://healpakistan.org/what-we-do-2/
We have received Media coverage including famous News channels, International Blogs, Youth Magazines.
The information you provide here will be used to fill in any parts of your profile that have been left blank, such as interests, organization information, and website. No contact information will be made public. Please uncheck here if you do not want this to happen..
Select the stage that best applies to your solution
Idea (you're poised to launch)
How long have you been in operation?
Still in idea phase, but looking to launch soon
Which of the following best describes the barrier(s) your innovation addresses? Choose up to two
The Need: What problem are you trying to solve?
Every few days Pakistan makes the worst kind of headlines: bombings in markets and mosques, battles with the Taleban. But, much less widely reported, the daily lives of millions of Pakistanis are consumed by another problem. They have to cope with desperate poverty.
In death, as in life, Pakistan's poor are often invisible. There are thousands of stories of suicides linked to extreme poverty but they are often relegated to the back pages and marked by just a line or two.
I think the major reasons for people living in extreme poverty( as living on less than US$1 a day) are:
- Lack of Education
- Lack of Skills and knowledge
- Lack of Supporting Income
Due to these they are dependent on beggary, they attempt suicides, they are involved in crimes .
The Solution: What is your solution? Be specific!
Therefore we want To alleviate poverty by empowering socially and economically marginalized businesses for poor families through interest free business models, providing educational trainings and skill sets, and by harnessing entrepreneurial potential, capacity building and social guidance.
Our solution will allow poor communities to generate their our income , and get trained and educated through out the whole process.
The Model: Walk us through a specific example of how your solution makes a difference; include your primary activities
1. Our team selects deserving individuals to be Micro Entrepreneurs and we will provide them interest free loan to start their own business.
2. Our team will design innovative business models and provide these Micro Entrepreneurs with businesses that are easy to start with minimum start up costs.
3. We educate these Micro Entrepreneurs with social guidance, capacity building and entrepreneurial trainings.
4. We monitor their performance and their business growth.
5. Micro Entrepreneurs repay capital, grow successfully and lift their communities out of poverty.
6. This whole process becomes where borrower becomes donor .
7. All business models are sustainable and will be expanded thru micro franchises globally.
The Marketplace: Who are your peers and competitors? Identify others also working to address the needs you are and what differentiates you from them. What challenges could these players pose to your success or growth?
There are very few Micro financing NGO's working in Pakistan. One of them is "Akhuwat". We pose no challenge from them because we can collaborate with them to grow this model.
Difference between our model is:
1. Other don't provide business models - This is very important becasue your target audience is not educated therefore risks are increased & chances are that your loan is not utilized properly.
2. We provide education and training to our borrowers.
3. We evaluate their performance and grow them with the time and new knowledge.
These are the major differences between us and other competitors.There are many small differences too.
This Entry is about (Issues)
Founding Story: We want to hear about your "Aha!" moment. Share the story of where and when the founder(s) saw this solution's potential to change the world.
One day I sat down and talked to my street guard. And I was shocked to listen his story and how he survived the trauma daily. Starting from his description he is a street guard , works 14 hours and earns only 7000 rupees(74.15 USD).
- Her wife is dead due to cancer as he was unable to send her for treatment.
- Eldest child is a girl who is unable to get married becasue he cant pay for dowry.
- youngest child is a 7 year old girl who had accident therefore lost her leg, beauty bone with severe injuries on head. His father is unable to pay for her leg treatment.
- His Brother and his wife were a victim of Bomb Blast and left their 7 children alone therefore he takes care of them .
i wondered that how much pressure this person suffers daily. Therefore wanted to help him in a way that he can feed his family through self-help and not by donation or beggary.
This model will help many poor people with similar stories and can alleviate poverty.
Please describe the goal of your initiative; outline what you are trying to achieve
- Alleviation of poverty
- immediate and sustainable difference
- Increase Self Help approach
- Increasing small and medium sized businesses
- Eradicating poverty and begging system
- Educating and Training people
- Providing Basic necessities to people
- Increasing Entrepreneurial potential
- Solving problems through new innovative business models
- Increasing Employment
- Increasing Volunteerism and Philanthropy
- Community Building
- Decreasing suicides through poverty
- Becoming a hope for those who have no one.
- Women empowerment
Which barrier(s) to financial inclusion does your solution seek to address? (select all applicable)
Physical and other accessibility obstacles that prevent communities from reaching financial services, The lack of affordable financial products tailored to the needs of underserved and excluded communities,, Powerful incentives for financial service providers to move up-market, Other (Please describe below).
If you selected 'other' above, please specify which other barriers to financial inclusion you solution seeks to address:
Providing a complete model of providing money , how to spent that money for profit , and giving back that money to help others
For which underserved or excluded communities will your solution create access to valuable, affordable, secure and comprehensive financial services?
- uneducated people in Slums .
- People who are employed but do not earn enough to support their family. (E.g Farmers, richshaw drivers, guards etc)
Our service will be available through our permanent and mobile offices. We will evaluate and have a complete background check before lending them .
Could your solution work in other geographies or regions? If so, where?
this model can be applied anywhere in the World. After Pakistan, we will be applying it in poor countries like Bangladesh, Africa etc.
Because we aim to eradicate poverty and changing lives globally
If your solution is dramatically successful, how will things be different in 10 years?
Offices all over Pakistan.
Interactive website that will allow people to invest in these micro franchises.
What will have had to have changed to make this happen?
We should be financially and morally strong to make this happen .
What has been the impact of your solution to date?
We have received of hundreds of volunteers(mostly university students) who can educate these people for free.
We have got people who are designing business models that are easy to start and can generate profits.
What is your projected impact over the next five years?
Providing more than 10 start-ups therefore helping 10 families and their future generations.
What barriers might hinder the success of your project? How do you plan to overcome them?
We dont have enough capital to start this project. thats all .
Winning entries present a strong plan for how they will achieve and track growth. Identify your six-month milestone for growing your impact
Applying our model on Practical field
Identify three major tasks you will have to complete to reach your six-month milestone
Starting a startup
Educating and providing skill sets to those Micro entrepreneurs
Growing the Model
Now think bigger! Identify your 12-month impact milestone
Grow the Imoact of our Model
Identify three major tasks you will have to complete to reach your 12-month milestone
Selling Micro franchises to poor communities
Setting up a skill centre with free training and education
Expanding the model to other cities
Tell us about your partnerships
We are engaging in partnerships . At the moment our partners are:
1. Jigsaw tees ( provides us tee shirts to get funding)
2. The Brand Force ( provides us free website and all graphics related work )
Are you currently targeting other specific populations, locations, or markets for your innovation? If so, where and why?
Currently we are targeting Lahore and then we will be expanding it to other cities like Gujranwala etc. then we will launch a interactive website and then launch it globally.
What type of operating environment and internal organizational factors make your innovation successful?
We require a office that will allow us to manage it. Apart from it we will have brainstorming sessions in our offices with our volunteers to achieve this goal more.
Please elaborate on any needs or offers you have mentioned above and/or suggest categories of support that aren't specified within the list
Majorly we require investment to start and test our model . We need a office to arrange meeting and to partner with more organizations.