Winning IDB/MIF proposals announced!
Geotourism Challenge 2009
Power of Place
Sustaining the Future of Destinations
Announcement of winning proposals
IDB/MIF Opportunity for Latin America and the Caribbean
The Multilateral Investment Fund's (MIF) Sustainable Tourism Cluster joined forces with the Changemakers 2009 Geotourism Challenge looking to understand the needs of small and medium businesses. It has selected seven proposals, to benefit medium size organization that will receive co-financing from the MIF.
The Challenge received 327 ideas from throughout the region. A committee of experts selected seven of them based on their level of innovation and institutional capacity. The seven proposals will be considered to receive the co-financing once they have gone through the MIF project cycle.
Congratulations to the winning proposals!
- Incorporation of Guarani communities to the Yerba Mate Route, Faculty of Agronomy (UBA), Argentina
- The Coffee Route, Armenian Chamber of Commerce, Colombia
- Karisma Project, Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Foundation, Ecuador
- Making Guatemala a Leading Geotourism Destination, Counterpart International - Guatemala
- SME and Marine Operators Champion Environmental Innovation in Mesoamerican Reef Destinations, Amigos de Sian Ka’an, México
- Sustainable Tourism in Sierra Gorda, Sierra Gorda Ecological Group, I. A. P. (GESGIAP) - Mexico
- Geo-referenced information Systems and Standards aimed at Rocha's Sustainable Development, Corporación Rochense de Turismo - Uruguay
Many thanks to our panel of expert judges!