Nutrients for All
Congratulations to the 21 Finalists of the Nutrients for All competition! Check here for highlights on the evaluation process.
competition | 14.08.2013
Watch how world class social entrepreneurs are grappling with environmental management, acute malnutrition, and impact measurement.
videos | 07.17.2013
A Local Path
As market consolidation pushes grocery stores towards evermore industrial operating practices, upstarts offer green, more nutrient-rich alternatives.
blog | 07.08.2013
The Big Picture
See how collaboration across sectors can drive full nourishment in people, food, agriculture and land.
Brendan Dunford shows that farmers in the ecologically and culturally unique Burren region of Western Ireland have the potential to be “nutrient stewards” of the land
blog | 05.08.2013
Competition Judges have selected eight winners among the 21 competition finalists. Three grand prize winners will each receive $10,000 US in prize money. Five Runners-Up will each receive $3,000 US.
Grand Prize Winners
- Pioneering sustainable change in addressing malnutrition globally
- Small Scale Food Fortification at the Village Level
- Tudabujja: Teaching Farming Skills to Street Children in Uganda
- Urban Farming Reimagined: Creating Large-Scale Distribution Opportunities for Micro-Sized Farms
- Kuli Kuli
- The Green Cuisine Project: transforming organic produce and generating income
- Food & Trees for Africa - Food Gardens for Africa Programme
- Stockbox Neighborhood Grocery, where neighbors and good food meet
Ashoka, the world's largest organization of social entrepreneurs, hosted an invitation-only Globalizer Summit on June 3 & 4, 2013, in Frankfurt in partnership with KfW Development Bank, The Lemelson Foundation, CSCP, GIZ, and Forum. The Globalizer Summit shared the vision of Nutrients for All: Vitality for People and the Planet and showcased the social innovators, businesses, and international organizations who are leading this movement from every corner of the world.
Check below some video interviews with thought leaders and Ashoka Fellows, and insights and key learnings from workshops and presentations.
- Fighting the "Hidden Hunger" - Entrepreneurial and Social Innovations to Overcome Malnutrition
- Empowerment of Indian Women Farmers: Transformative Opportunities for Nutrition, Families and Agriculture
- Measurement of Nourishment in People, Supplements, Food and Land
Sylvia Banda, Sylva Food Solutions
Economic Development, Zambia
Geneviève Moreau, SIIN
Nicolas Metro, Kinomé
Benjamin Chigozie Mbakwem, Community & Youth Development Initiatives (CYDI)
On Thursday, July 18, we co-hosted a new hangout with our partner Thought for Food about Scalable Solutions for Access to Nutrient-Rich Foods.
Watch below how the conversation went.
Missed a hangout? Here's the hangout archive:
|Tweets about "#nutrients4all"|