Democratic values in the School
Explaining Democracy to children through the Constitution in order to help them better understand how we have arrived to where we are today.
URL do Twitter
URL do Facebook
Sobre Sua Organização
Nome da Organização
La Consti en el Plan de Convivencia
Página da organização na internet
País da organização
Espanha, MD, Madrid
Países onde este projeto vem gerando impacto social
Sua organização é
Seu papel na Educação:
Natureza da escola na qual seu projeto está afiliado:
Pública (mensalidade gratuita)
Há quanto tempo sua organização está em operação?
Menos de um ano
As informações que você fornecer aqui serão usadas para preencher todas as partes do seu perfil deixadas em branco, como interesses, informação da organização e website. Nenhuma informação do contato será tornada pública. Por favor, desmarque aqui se você não deseja que isso aconteça..
Selecione o estágio que melhor se aplica à solução
Ideia (você está para lançar)
Há quanto tempo seu projeto está em atividade?
Implementado há menos de um ano
A necessidade: Qual é o problema que você está tentando resolver?
- Explaining 7-8 years old children (and older) the principles of the democratic system and promoting its assimilation in order to help create collective awareness through values such as solidarity, empathy and respect. These values are to be made part of how they lead their lives and shall prepare them as citizens capable of improving and transmitting the same.
- Providing a supporting resource for teachers for managing coexistence problems and conflict resolution.
- Introducing democratic system rules in primary schools Coexistence Plans as preventive tool for conflict resolution and for reducing the application of punishments.
- Improving school coexistence and reducing bullying.
A Solução: Qual é a sua solução? Seja específico!
The Solution: What is your solution? Be specific!
A program including:
- Teaching material: a) a text explaining the Spanish Constitution and fables on the origin of Democracy and on how our system works to children; this material should be read by teachers during the “General Meetings” or tutorships held weekly in each class, b) debating in class on how to apply certain values to common situations, c) class activities covering different subjects, d) activities suggested to be discussed at home and later in class.
- Why did we choose the Constitution? Because it gathers our society’s coexistence values and rules, independently from the ideology and religion of their citizens.
- Why should it be read by teachers? In order to reinforce the perception of moral authority by students.
- Why is it directed to 7-8 years old students? Because at that age children start to be interested in coexistence rules and how to solve their conflicts.
O Modelo: Demonstre através de um exemplo específico como sua solução faz a diferença; inclua suas atividades primárias
My aim is to introduce the initiative (material and specifications for the project) to the State or Self-Governing Community Observatory of School Coexistence so that it may be studied in a commission formed by representatives of the school community. Once the project has been discussed, the program would be carried out in a 25 public schools sample, creating work teams with participating teachers in order to draw and present its conclusions.
The program has 15 workshops divided into 6 modules. Each workshop includes:
- Reading part of the text of the Constitution explained to children or one of the fables explaining the origin of Democracy and how it works. Teachers should read these texts to the students.
- Debating among students and their teacher on the concepts dealt with in the text and applicable to real situations and conflicts that may have taken place among them.
- Arts and crafts, plays and musical activities in which teachers for different school subjects may participate, aimed at reinforcing assimilation and application of the concepts learned.
- Home activities aimed at establishing a dialogue with the families on the concepts learned in class linking what is learned at school and at home.
- Creating a web page to coordinate the work, connect the schools involved in the study and provide complementary material.
O Mercado: Quem são os seus pares e concorrentes? Identificar os outros que também estão trabalhando para solucionar as mesmas necessidades que você e o que você faz de diferente em relação a eles. Quais seriam os desafios impostos por esses concorrentes que impactariam no seu sucesso ou crescimento?
The school community is deeply concerned about “educating on values” and several interesting initiatives. The Ministry of Education has recently announced the creation of a school subject on Civic Education and the Constitution. Its application to primary school has not been defined yet, as a joint decision together with other organizations is still pending. Since the project is not limited only to explaining the constitution but rather to analyzing the values inspiring the same, the project “Democratic Values in the School” will give all children the possibility of learning shared values in a multicultural society – learning the values shared by the different religions – and would help them get ready to assimilate more complex concepts in High School.
Agora que você falou sobre sua solução, ajude-nos a entendê-la melhor
Defina sua organização, programa, serviço ou produto em 1-2 frases. [140 caracteres]
Explaining Democracy to children through the Constitution to help them better understand how we have arrived to where we are today
Identifique o que é inovador na sua solução em 1-2 frases. [136 caracteres]
We incorporate democratic rules and values in schools’ Coexistence Plans for prevention and resolution of conflicts.
Temas relacionados à inscrição
Qual foi o impacto da sua solução até hoje?
Celebrating the Constitution’s first 25 years, three years ago we started a workshop for two months in 3rd grade primary school in Madrid. The result was that, surprisingly, children showed great interest in the content and activities offered. According to the teacher, children’s behavior in class improved.
During the days prior to “Constitution Day” celebration, the blog featuring the text of the Constitution explained for children registered between 200 and 300 daily visits.
Qual é a sua expectativa de impacto para os próximos 1 - 3 anos?
Reaching other Self Governing Communities with this program in their school coexistence plans in order to improve school coexistence and increase tolerance and empathy. The latter can be obtained helping students speak their minds and expressing how they feel in class in debates coordinated by teachers.
I also expect this Project to impact on children, their schools and families and to extend its impact on society as a whole. It could serve as model for other societies, particularly those with high levels of multiculturalism.
Quais são as barreiras que podem impedir o sucesso do seu projeto? Como você planeja superá-las?
1. In spite of the fact that at present the school community seems to agree on the need of transmitting democratic values at school, disagreement arise due to the different approaches, none of which are against teaching the Constitution. In order to overcome this barrier, I plan on filing the initial proposal for evaluation to the school community through State or Self-Governing Communities Observatory in order to obtain consensus on the material.
2. Taking part in the initial study may include extra work for teachers: holding meetings, gathering information, drafting conclusions. In order to overcome this barrier I propose to have teachers motivated to contribute to the development of a tool to help them manage conflicts and improve school coexistence.
As inscrições vencedoras apresentam um plano sólido sobre como vão alcançar e acompanhar o crescimento do projeto. Identifique as metas de seis meses para aumentar seu impacto.
Creating a work team in the State or Self-Governing Community Observatory and starting the program during the next school term i
Identifique as três maiores atividades que você terá de completar para obter a meta estabelecida para os seis (6) meses
Filing the School Coexistence teaching material proposed as well as the project’s specifications before the State or Self-Govern
Having 25 public schools interested in being part of the pilot test.
Developing a web page to coordinate teachers’ work and share information and experiences.
Agora pense grande! Identifique qual seria sua meta de impacto para 12 meses
Extend the project to other Self Governing Communities and adapt the same to highly multicultural locations.
Identifique as três maiores atividades que você terá de completar para obter a meta estabelecida para os doze (12) meses
Introducing the project’s conclusions to other Self Governing Communities.
Introducing the project’s conclusions to other locations with wide cultural diversity.
Adapting the material to make it possible viable in children’s homes.
História: Queremos saber mais sobre o momento de descoberta desta solução. Conte-nos a história sobre onde e quando o(s) fundador(res) vislumbrou(aram) o potencial desta solução para mudar o mundo. [125 palavras]
As from the day my son started school, and due to the conflicts arising among classmates, I have had the opportunity to detect the need to transmit children the values of a “collective awareness” and to explain them how our system, rights and duties actually work, as well as the ideas behind those rules. I was able to prove that, once explained, we satisfy the curiosity on subjects that starts to show as from the early age of 7 or 8. As we give children the opportunity to talk about these subjects, we help them assimilate and apply these concepts to everyday situations. Also, both parents and teachers agree on the need of teaching democratic values and ask for tools to manage conflicts. The Constitution and democratic values that inspired this constitute our “coexistence manual”; these are the rules of the game we all need to know, and whenever possible, to improve. Adults’ values should apply to children as well.
Por favor, explique de que forma o estabelecimento de parcerias é importante para o sucesso de sua inovação
I have received support from different types of entities – such as Ombudsmen from several Self Governing Communities, and the Ombudsman for Children, to whom I have sent the project.
Qual o perfil da equipe (colaboradores, voluntários etc.) que vai garantir o cumprimento das metas de crescimento identificadas por você na seção ‘Impacto Social’?
- State or Self Governing Community School Coexistence Observatory: for creating a work team, debating on the subject and agreeing on the project’s contents and shape.
- Training centers for teachers: the same resources and trainers used for “Education for Citizenship” can be used for this project.
- School Principals and teachers involved in the project
- School parents associations for the activities suggested at home
Fale mais sobre as necessidades ou ofertas que você selecionou anteriormente e/ou sugira categorias de apoio que não foram listadas
In order to develop the Project “Democratic Values in the School” we will need a small budget (corresponding to the salary of the entrepreneur) approved by the School Coexistence State Observatory in order to create a work team as well as the help of 25 schools taking part of the initial study.