NEXT GENERATION STEM AND CAREER & TECHNICAL ED in SILICON VALLEY & SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CA
Creating 21st Century Career Choices for all Students
Career Technical Education (CTE) brings students, educators and employers to develop and strengthen the relationship between what's being taught in the classroom and its application in the workplace. Its programs prepare students with 21st-century skills.
* CTE is made up of 15 industry sectors, which include 58 career pathways related to all occupations.
* A series of courses grouped together integrate academic and technical training to provide students with a pathway to postsecondary education and careers.
* Some CTE classes stand alone, and others are found in California Partnership Academies, Multiple Pathway programs or Regional Occupational Programs.
* CTE engages students, increases attendance and graduation rates, helps close the achievement gap, and raises grades.
* CTE Home
* Distinguished CTE Programs
* Distinguished School Rubric
* Santa Clara County Partnership Academies
o California Partnership Academies
* Elementary School Resources
o Evergreen Elementary District
* Middle School Resources
o Career Exploration Event
o SCUSD Career Camp 2010
* Plan a Career Fair
* Green Careers Curriculum
* Green Programs in Santa Clara County
* ROP Model Programs & Practices
* ROP Model School Overview
* Student Industry Sector Assessment
* CTE Conference
o 2009 Resources
* CTE Newsletters
o January 2011
o May 2010
o Jan 2010
Alyssa is doing a great job in a place that needs her. The issue is the place needs 10 of her. She needs some google time to play, think, dream... Imagination time..
Santa Clara County Office of Education, CTE Department
San Jose, CA