Unnati, an initiative of SGBS Trust, was started in Oct 2003 with the purpose of enabling underprivileged, unemployed youth to get employed. The motto of Unnati, ‘learn, earn, stand tall’ is aimed not only to make them ‘employable’ and engage in a gainful job, but also to transform them in to responsible citizens for our country.
Till March 2012, Unnati has trained more than 2000 underprivileged youth and placed them on stable jobs – 2000 families have gone above the poverty line – forever….
UNNATI IN BRIEF
• A vocational training and social transformation program
• for the under-privileged, unemployed youth
• providing vocational skills, life-skills
• assured employment in reputed companies at the end of 70 days’ training
• Trainees are provided with Food, bus passes, stay and training – all free of cost to them.
Thus, through Unnati program, unemployed youth from economically weaker sections of our society are able to get a steady job, augment their family income, improve their standard of living, and join the national mainstream.