Please tell us if your proposed solution aims to scale up through a high growth sector, expand immediately to multiple sectors, and/or scale up geographically
The proposed solution aims to expand immediately to multiple sectors and scale up geographically over time.
After building the online peer-to-SME lending market, the next steps are:
1) Initially, make it available to the population in the developed country to invest in the economic development of their own country. With a stronger economy,
they will have more money to invest.
2) After the population in the developed country is familiar with the peer-to-SME lending market and understands the benefits it provides, roll it out to developing countries where credit unions already exist. The size of loans could be increased over time to see if local conditions make investment possible.
3) In developing countries where credit unions do not exist, provide training on how to create and operate one before making the peer-to-SME lending market available in that country. As credit unions are created, the peer-to-SME lending market can be made available. This also helps to build the banking system in the developing country.
1. Develop power utilities
(a) plasma gasification can be used in energy, metallurgical and chemical industries
(b) plasma gasification plants can also use several carbon feedstocks to create energy - biomass (e.g. agricultural waste), sewage sludge, municipal waste
2. Develop fuel industry
(a) plasma gasification can convert biomass into ethanol. The biomass resources used in the plasma gasification process are non-food based and do not contribute to deforestation.
(b) Brazil uses ethanol for powering many of their vehicles
3. Develop mining and extractive metallurgy industries
(a) Tanzania has the raw materials to make iron, steel, concrete, etc.
(b) one example of extractive metallurgy is iron smelting
4. Use materials from mining and extractive metallurgy industries to construct railroads
(a) develop industries to construct parts for railroad lines
(b) use concrete railroad ties
(c) railroads can provide the means to get agricultural goods to market and farming equipment and supplies to farmers
5. Develop housing industry
(a) use concrete as the main building material in house construction
(b) develop industries to manufacture wiring, pipes, etc. from materials produced by extractive metallurgy industries
(c) associated with this are plumbing (e.g. toilets), sanitation, and wastewater treatment
6. Further develop agriculture industry
(a) includes developing farm equipment manufacturing
7. Broadband Internet and Cellular Networks
(a) Low-cost femtocells (<$100) can be connected to broadband Internet to provide cellular service
(b) WiFi technology and open source software is being used to create broadband Internet networks
8. Person-to-Person Payments via Mobile Phone