Describe your idea in fewer than 50 words.
E-market where organic products are sold.
What makes your idea unique?
We are mixing Web 2.0 tools, open source software and social entrepreneurship to benefit local communities.
What impact have you had?
We will raise awareness about local communities with projects like:
Estonia: between green-living and Skype - Organic products
Kalmykia: putting the only Buddhist State in Europe on the travellers' map
Vancouver 2010 with its First Nations: native North-Americans
We would like to expand to communities in Africa, Asia, Central/South-America, Oceania
Describe the primary problem(s) that your project is addressing.
Making possible for local communities to florish, by bringing their quality products - and the cultural heritage behind it - to niche customers.
Describe the steps that your organization is taking to make your project successful.
1) sell only what we believe in
2) buy local, not mass-produced products
3) buy from producers we meet in person
4) buy natural products and, when possible, organic ones
5) pay a fair price which makes a difference in the producers' lives and surrounding economy
6) do not just sell a product to our customers, but make it a cultural and social experience by showing the culture where such products are florishing
7) keep overheads to a minimum, to make products as affordable as possible to customers
On a practical level, we are using open-source to build the e-marketwe Then, weneed to achieve a critical mass who can then spread the idea with Web 2.0 and viral marketing. That is where winning this competion would make a difference, by bringing our solution to the attention of stakeholders' worldwide.