Be a ChangeSpotter for the Powering Economic Opportunity Competition!
UPDATE: The ChangeSpotting campaign has been extended until 5PM ET on Friday, June 3, 2011.
Do you know someone in your family, your community, or even your country that is generating economic opportunity for disadvantaged populations? Ashoka’s Changemakers® needs you to lead the charge in spotting social entrepreneurs and innovators from around the globe working to create tomorrow’s jobs today!
Which is why we’re inviting you, dear reader, as a ChangeSpotter for the Powering Economic Opportunity: Create a World that Works competition, co-hosted with eBay Foundation and The Opportunity Project. (More on that here.)
What’s in it for you?
- The selfish incentive: Playing a decisive role in uncovering tomorrow’s social change champions. Oh, and 5 randomly selected ChangeSpotters will each receive a $50 giftcard to WorldofGood.com. So spot now and spot often!
- The selfless incentive: The opportunity to do your part in creating a world that works. In less than five minutes.
Who can be a ChangeSpotter?
Anyone with five minutes, a camera, a connection to the Internet, and an interest in making a difference in his/her community. No experience necessary.
Participating is easy, provided you have a Facebook, Twitter or even a regular old email account.
- Snap a photo of yourself with your ChangeSpotting nominees—your change-making persons, groups, or organizations. They can be represented by a logo, a screenshot, a written note, or even a cardboard cutout. As long as it is clear who you are nominating, anything goes.
- Get your photos online! Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, upload them to Facebook, or tweet them out to the masses.
- Be sure to tag us on Facebook and @mention us on Twitter. (Twitter users should also include the #ChangeSpotting hashtag.)
Lost? Confused? Looking for inspiration? You can find an example of a nomination here.
This ChangeSpotting campaign goes live today, May 4, and will run up to 5 p.m. (EDT) on
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 Friday, June 3, 2011.
Happy Spotting, changemakers!
|WorldofGood.com by eBay is a multi-seller marketplace for socially and environmentally responsible shopping, featuring tens of thousands of stylish and unique products from around the world. More than simply a place to buy and sell, WorldofGood.com brings unprecedented trust and transparency to a shopping experience where every purchase makes a positive impact.|