The response by the global health community to the Making More Health competition has been outstanding and has even broken an Ashoka Changemakers® record, receiving 186 entries by the August 17 deadline for the early entry prize.
Be among the first to congratulate the Making More Health early entry prize winners:
- Affordable, Quality Health Care and Services for the Underprivileged - Pakistan
- Integral Health Assistance to Highly Nomadic Indigenous Population - Costa Rica
Do you want to join this energy and excitement—but you don’t necessarily have a solution to submit? That’s okay! On Wednesday, September 7, 2011, Ashoka Changemakers®, in collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim, invites you to join entrepreneurs, innovators and enthusiasts from around the world to discuss challenges related to the health sector, as well as innovative and sustainable solutions that increase individual, family, and community well-being.
Participate in this multilingual (English, Spanish, and Portuguese) #SocEntChat on Twitter between 3 and 5 p.m. EDT, to share your innovative ideas and solutions that address the collaboration and ingenuity needed to Make More Health.
How does it work?
A #SocEntChat is a Twitter-based, real-time discussion about social entrepreneurship that focuses on specific issues, areas, or events. It is designed for current and aspiring social entrepreneurs, funders, media, and supporters to share their ideas, discuss the state of the field, identify the latest innovations, and pinpoint areas requiring more exploration. It is also an open forum for the global public to voice concerns and hopes, and propose ideas of their own!
How can I participate?
- First you will need a Twitter account. To find out more about Twitter, check out Wikipedia's backgrounder, or simply sign up for a Twitter account.
- During the #SocEntChat, use TweetChat or an application like Tweetdeck or another service to follow the #SocEntChat hashtag and keep up with the conversation.
- Enter the discussion anytime by tagging your tweets with #SocEntChat.
What are the rules?
The #SocEntChat will be structured around a series of questions that all participants can respond to. If you have questions that you would like to share with the broader community, tweet your questions to @changemakers without the hashtag (to keep them out of the main conversation) to have them considered.
- Introduce yourself in one tweet at the start or when you join.
- Stay on topic.
- Stay calm and be respectful.
- Don't forget to have fun!
If you haven’t submitted your entry yet, we invite you to present your solution by September 21, 2011 to the Making More Health competition!
Photo adapted from ¡Que comunismo!
Thu, 09/01/2011 - 17:03