Meet the Innovations for Health Competition Finalists!
Nearly 400 entrepreneurs, health care professionals, and community members from 73 countries submitted their health care solutions to the Innovations for Health: Solutions that Cross Borders competition hosted by Ashoka Changemakers and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Pioneer Portfolio.
Today, 15 competition finalists have been identified as outlining the most promising solutions. The Innovations for Health finalists are designed to advance high quality health and well-being through low-cost interventions and personalized patient-centered care, and they have the potential to be applied to other countries.
The finalists provide a glimpse of the future of border-crossing innovation:
- Beyond Borders: Building BOP Markets & Empowering the Marginalized by Leveraging Corporate Supply Chains, Pakistan
- E HealthPoint: Transforming Rural Healthcare, India
- Health In Harmony: Protecting the Critical Link Between Human and Environmental Health, Indonesia
- Helping women access health care - the Women’s Health Fund, India
- Improving Immunization in Developing Countries, Benin
- Innovative Diabetes One-Stop Shops, Mexico
- Maternova: A Marketplace for Technologies and Ideas That Improve Maternal and Neonatal Health, United States
- MiDoctor, Personalized Care and Reminders Using Patients’ Cell Phones, Chile
- Papel de Gente, Atendimento Alternativo a Portadores de Transtornos Psíquicos, Brazil
- Patient Leaders, United Kingdom
- Safe and Family Centered Maternity Hospitals, Argentina
- Saúde Criança: Holistic Health Solutions for Low-Income Families, Brazil
- School-Based Health Care, United States
- The Irish Men’s Sheds Association, Ireland
- Transitioning from the Acute Sickness Model to a Prevention Model in Long Term Care Using Non-Invasive Computer Monitoring, United States
During the next month, an expert panel of judges – including Mayo Clinic’s Adam Dole, Venrock’s Bob Kocher, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Pioneer Portfolio’s Deborah Bae, and Kissman Langford Consulting's Edna Kissman – will evaluate the pool of finalists, paying close attention to social impact and sustainability, to determine the competition winners.
Three winners will be announced on April 16th, and each will receive a US $10,000 cash prize of unrestricted funding to help grow their respective projects.
Stay tuned for further updates!