Describe your program or new idea in one sentence.
Produce and sell music and films with good quality in order to help helpless people (street children, persons with AIDS).
What makes your initiative uniquely positioned to create change in your community?
As a humanitarian organisation caring for street chilren (orphans), AIDS persons. Make some teachings about arts and sports for those street children. Make them feel like others educated children. Make people through music, theater or films... care about those children and people with AIDS. Make visits to different hospitals giving hope to people with AIDS.
The biggest challenge to our success is as follows:
1. First of all we produce music with bad sound quality because of missing good recording studio materials.
2. We don’t sell our products, then we can’t find enough money to achieve our goals.
In short we need create some activities which will help The Moses fund club to get money to finance our projects.
Describe how you organize and carry out your work?
We are an humanitarian organization “ The Moses fund club”; we started by producing local artists(undergrounds) in order to get some money to realize our projects.
In our recording studio “Maibobo Records” (Maibobo is the common or familiar name given to street children), the price of a recording is 40,000 Burundi francs or 40us dollar (let’s convert in us dollar); our keyboard player get 10us dollar from each single done.
The artist who come to work with us is allowed to pay an advance of 20us dollar to get the right of starting the first works and after all the work done he can realize his dept.
What is your plan to scale and expand your innovation into your community and beyond?
1. Produce and sell music and films with good quality.
2. Start the keyboard and guitar courses for street children.
3. Start again activities with our street children football team.
4. Finance and encourage mothers who adopt orphans by creating little business for them.
5. Create little business for people who lost their jobs because they got AIDS.
6. Visit and help people with AIDS in different hospitals.
7. Teach street children some “hand-jobs” like sewing, jewelry-making, etc.
What other resources, institutional, or policy needs would be necessary to help sustain and scale up your idea?
This field has not been completed