Audience: Who have you identified as your customers/recipients and why? How will you get your solution to them or engage them in your initiative?
We have identified individuals with age group of above 15 and corporate of different size our customers. Individual above 15 are more aware towards environment and as our project is also attached with birthday it creates value to them. Similarly for corporates planting trees in both urban and rural areas will serve both as a CSR and easy advertisement. We are also trying to focus on Nepalese abroad along with foreigners to promote tree plantation which will help them reduce their carbon foot print.
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date and expected impact in the future?
- Nepal ranks 4th in global climate change vulnerability index, thus our initiative will help to decrease natural calamities.
- Helps to balance eco-system, preserve natural habitat, preserve water shed.
- Help to improve high polluted city area and increase aesthetic beauty of city.
- We are involved in different awareness programs.
- Plantation in special occasion helps to build positive behavioral change, a feeling of ownership and emotional attachment with plant.
- Helps to mitigate carbon footprint of individual/corporate.
- We intends to tie up with 17,000+ community forest through out Nepal from existing 2 community forest. Mobilizing local community user, creates huge job opportunity.
- People in urban area benefits from forest product by rational uses.
Within 3 month of active operation more than 200 plants has been planted.