Awards: What awards or honors has your solution received, if any?
Tell us about your partnerships
- Career development centers at various African universities
- small business owners
- MTN/Econet/Telecel as platforms for the technology required for the dispatch capabilities of Employ Africa
- local internet cafes [because they are popular hangouts for progressive conversations and a home for youth who want to mentally stimulated while waiting for opportunities that are a source of job security]
-Induna magazine which is a successful diaspora returnee and recently launched online/mobile magazine directly addressing issues that face youth/women and it would be a great platform for reaching out on topics about youth employment
Challenges: What challenges might hinder the success of your project and how do you plan to overcome them?
- Geography - not being in Zimbabwe myself until December
- getting youth to understand that job security, no matter their background/skills, is within their reach if they want it to be
- creating a culture of sustainability in job markets that engage youth
How does your idea help young people create bright futures and improve opportunities for meaningful and long-term careers?
Employ Africa would enable youth to plan life around their employment opportunities by being informed and active agents in their own job security vs. being victims of the insecurity which has been characteristic of various job markets across Africa. It would also enable actively employed or unemployed (whichever of the 3 types) to always be engaged in job skills and career development/enrichment activities.
Intervention Focus: Identify which of the following best explain key parts of your solution
Job Search, Professional Development, Apprenticeship, Training/Skill Development, Products or Services.
Does your project utilize any of the innovative design principles below? Select a theme below that most applies to your work. If none of them do, no problem, you can skip this question.
Strengthen Job-Matching Services: help those who prepare, match, and link job seekers with opportunities to grow
Is your project targeted at solving any of the following key barriers? Select a theme below that most applies to your work. If none of them do, no problem, you can skip this question.
Job creation lacks adequate coordination between the government, private sector and development organizations