Fundación TierraVida is an organisation that seeks to inspire, mobilize and support young people to take action that generates positive and lasting change, promotes sustainability within the community and reduces the impact on our planet. We are based in Cordoba, Argentina and work across Latin America through partnerships with other organizations and networks that we actively facilitate and nurture.Our work is focused in the following areas:
- Education and information about sustainability aimed at children and young people,
- The generation and promotion of youth-led community action that also engages wider society,
- Facilitating young people´s participation and engagement in sustainability decision and policy-making processes, both locally and internationally, while engaging with a variety of stakeholders,
- Promoting and supporting youth leadership for sustainable development.
Our approach to developing Youth Leadership for Sustainability is based on four key pilars:
- CONNECTING children and youth with nature and their local environment,
- providing young people with the tools they need to DRIVE CHANGE (changemaking skills)
- COMMUNICATING to inspire and movilize others
- MAKING YOUTH VOICES HEARD, by influencing decision making processes and media.