Share the story of the founder and what inspired the founder to start this project
I am the founder and I came up with this idea/solution when I discovered that :
- business and NGO are operating separatelly/in parallel (there is a lack of common understanding & language to say the least);
- as a good manager I think that solution is to allocate appropriate skills for each activity, i.e. the right people in the right place,
- rather give away for consumption approach, I use : 'teach them how to fish approach'.
One example of how that works : a recently retired with extremely low income woman came to me to complain : "I have been retired recently, I cannot longer support myself and my two children, my husband died and because of this I am depressed, I haven's left the house for 2 monts and my health starts to be weakened.I know you are a good, charitable person, maybe you can help"
My question was : "What do you know to do/what skills do you have?"
After thinking about the skills, she said : "I know to sew, I did some cloths for my children when they were young"
-"Then sew for me 10 approns".
She did, they were all sold during the Christmas fairs.
What we achieved:
- she left the house to look for cloth;
- she sold 10 of her products in the first month : she celebrated herself with a coffe served in a coffee shop;
- she said she feels better about herself.
How is she now?
- she has orders regularly : her income increased by 10%.
- she called me to tell me she saw one of the approns at national television (one of Romanian current diva present it).