Problem: What problem is this project trying to address?
The lack of opportunities and possibilities of children/pupils to realise that there are several sides, stages, levels, layers of any action, play, situation, interaction, communication. The lack of opportunities of children/teachers/parents to practice, express, show, share, learn empathy, and through the play find out and tackle possible unspoken problems. The lack of awareness that anyone can join, affect, make a change. The wrong perceptions of equality of certain roles. The common single view and self-focused empathy.
The lack of time and accessible tools at schools and families to work on the above mentioned daily, to include it in their lives.
Solution: What is the proposed solution? Please be specific!
Use a simple tool, a model of “Empatheatre” in classes to:
• activate empathy through play.
• help children to realise that life situations are like a theatre. (There is audience, imagi(nation) on the curtain, action on the stage, hidden backstage that affects the action on the stage and represents the past of characters, various unknown conditions, different experience.
• raise awareness of several sides, stages, levels, layers of actions, plays, situations, interactions, communication.
• realise roles, abilities, possibilities of involved people to contribute, influence, solve any action.
• realise the stage is open, anyone can join, contribute, make a change in the play.
• motivate children/teachers/parents to practice, express, show, share, learn empathy through various situations/issues.
• experience and see oneself in the mirror