Impact: What is the impact of the work to date?
Currently we are training educated women in Bangladesh. They will become our teachers/ambassadors in the future and train up more women around the world (eg, in Morocco). In November 2013 we launch the first production "hub" in Bangladesh. Right after we want to open another one in Africa (Morocco) to serve clients from different timezones.
During 2014 our production capacity needs to be improved to match the demand in the market. Thus more women are needed to work as floor plan designers.
Barriers: What barriers might hinder the success of your project and how do you plan to overcome them?
- Lack of funds to invest in the development of full technology platform to sell and produce minitasks (eg. floor plans)
- Training up uneducated and/or illiterate women to produce minitasks is too difficult
- Unable to find a large international development organizations to partner with us
- We are unable to sell enough to grow fast enough and run out of funds
- localization is too demanding (hubs, products)
- getting the necessary infrastructure to remote locations
Full Impact Potential: What are the main spread strategies moving forward? (Please consider geographic spread, policy reform, and independent replication/adoption of the idea or other mechanisms.)
We partner with large international development organizations such as World Vision (negotiations on-going). This will help us to spread our message wider and use their existing sales & fund raising channels to sell our products (and raise funds for them on 30% commission). In 5 years time we believe that we can employ hundreds of women and indirectly have pulled thousands of people out from poverty globally. At the same time we have raised few million euros for good cause through the sales commissions paid to our partnering NGOs in western countries.