Finding and securing a suitable venue to run the project from was the first step in realizing this program.
We have partnered with the Department of Education, Municipality of Tswhane, Provincial Government as well as the National Department of Sport and Recreation to ensure assistance with implementation as well as future sustainability of the program.
Inviting SA Cares for Life’s current partners to participate in this program and to bring their wealth of expertise and influence to guarantee the success of the program.
Working with our National Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) to document our progress and dreams to inspire the more than 20 million youth of South Africa with hope.
The ABYD Football Program will:
· Create a positive and self-assured youth that will be able to utilize their newly found skills to alter the destiny of their lives
· Enhance participants natural football talents and skill
· Reduce the spread of new HIV and AIDS infection
· Reduction in the high number of school dropouts
· Reduction in the high number of teenage pregnancy
· Financial and economic literacy
· Mutual respect between different genders
What will it take for your project to be successful over the next three years? Please address each year separately, if possible.
· Implementation of the Program and the sourcing of enough funding to sustain the Program
· Social Capital - allocating volunteers with a heart for the program that will help take it from ordinary to extraordinary!
· Committed program coordinators, youth leaders and participants
· Strengthening of partnerships with stake holders
· To Double the impact of the Program
· Replicate the model to other areas
· Multiplication of the impact of Program
· Spreading out to even more areas
What would prevent your project from being a success?
· We need committed and inspired participants and leaders to ensure a significant and on going success rate.
· Community members that welcome and support the program.
· Sourcing funding will always remain a risk, however, the program is based on social enterprise development that dramatically cuts down the risk.