• Partners orientation meeting on project implementation strategies
• Identification of potential football team
• Conduct conflict resolution and management trainings for community stakeholders and members of project beneficial team
• Organized community theatre on peace- building and reconciliation
• Conduct radio programming
• Production of Information, Education and Communication (IEC Materials) that portray messages of reconciliation, peace- building and human rights
• Organized football completion at chiefdom and District Levels in Kailahun and Kenema Districts
• Monitoring and Supervision
• Enhanced peace and unity among communities thus promote development.
• Heightened community commitments in peace consolidation.
• Increased the personal development of football players.
• Reduced conflict and political intolerance among youths.
• Maximized stakeholders actions to work towards achieving durable peace
What will it take for your project to be successful over the next three years? Please address each year separately, if possible.
Year1: upon access to funds, establish linkages with partners develop strategic project implementation plan, community attitude and practices survey, and intensive community mobilization for action and commence football competition and trainings
Year2: Continued community mobilization for action, football competition, trainings. Commence mentoring of district football regulatory bodies and beneficial groups to sustain project activities.
Year 3: continued community mobilization, football competition, trainings and foster commitment of football regulatory bodies and beneficial groups.
What would prevent your project from being a success?
1. Willingness of community to undertake voluntary activities.
2. High expectation of personal benefit due to increasing rates of poverty in Sierra Leone.