What solution(s) does your initiative address to better the lives of girls and women by leveraging technology? (select all applicable)
Access to technology, Access to economic opportunity.
What has been the impact of your solution to date?
the solution not yet tried out
What is your projected impact over the next 1-3 years?
The project will have the following impact
1. Reduced gap in access to Information and Communication Technology
2. Establish a place of safety or point of contact for children and youths in need
3. More young women who are educated and empowered on family planning options
4. Decision Making and Career guidance that is sound, based on knowledge gathered from the Centre
What barriers might hinder the success of your project? How do you plan to overcome them?
1. Lack of funding for the mobile unit. I hope to start on foot outreach programme, whilst sourcing funding for vehicle.
2. Political environment. I would work with the local community leaders in order to engage the community.
3. Illiteracy. I will conduct the sessions in vernacular language and also offer subsided computer lessons to those interested.
4. Lack of funding. Distribute pamphlets during outreach visits
Winning entries present a strong plan for how they will achieve and track growth. Identify your six-month milestone for growing your impact
Now think bigger! Identify your 12-month impact milestone