What solution(s) does your initiative address to better the lives of girls and women by leveraging technology? (select all applicable)
Access to technology, Access to education/training.
What has been the impact of your solution to date?
None. It is still in idea stage
What is your projected impact over the next 1-3 years?
Goals (by end of Year Two)
- Train 180 instructional coaches to deliver PD training and provide follow-up classroom support
- Provide continuous, on-the-job training for approximately 3,600 female and rural teachers
- Conduct research to determine what makes the most significant difference in helping teachers help students learn
- Increase access for female and rural teachers to professional development training
- Improve the effectiveness and teaching practices of all teachers who receive training
- Increase the number of highly effective teachers in rural schools
- Improve the levels of engagement and achievement among female students
- Improve overall levels of student engagement and achievement
What barriers might hinder the success of your project? How do you plan to overcome them?
- Cultural and social barriers against females. We will work with community stakeholders to promote buy-in and begin the dialog about the social and economic impact of girls' education
- Lack of stakeholder support. We will work with community stakeholders in the planning process to promote buy-in and develop the conditions necessary to promote teacher learning and development
- Lack of infrastructure to support technology. We will provide supplementary power supply (e.g. solar powered charging stations)
To further mitigate against these and other unforeseen barriers, we will launch the program as a pilot study to help the program team identify deficiencies (if any) in the program delivery, and appropriately address any issues prior to expanding the program in Year Two.
Winning entries present a strong plan for how they will achieve and track growth. Identify your six-month milestone for growing your impact
FOCUS: Program planning and curriculum development
Now think bigger! Identify your 12-month impact milestone
FOCUS: Product development, research and program launch