Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered.
I has a strong facilitation skill, strong business concept as well as networking while working with private companies and NGOs to lead many projects related to rural development and career development. I am good at communication with different types of people in community level and project team level. The project brings new methods and updated designs to local weaving community to reply to markets’ need. I am one of the women from rural , so I understand the plight of the women and people in these villages and I am committed to improving the lives of entire communities of people through weaving work because community women lack of necessary hard and soft skills to earn a living; and illiteracy among them is another issue. Even with the auspices of skills development trainings, it's hard to communicate and the message being conveyed is hard to get crossed because of low education. It takes patience, persistence and time to improve them. My passionate about empowering these women and young girls by training them and creating paths for entrepreneurship and i finally create new methodology by development women silk products for internal market need.
Beyond your existing team, who else are you working with to achieve your objectives, eg partners, advisors, mentors?
- ICCO Corporation is the interchurch organization for development cooperation. ICCO Works in 44 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In 2013, ICCO Cooperation provided grant supported to Color Silk to run 3 programs " Technique silk training, silk workshop and seri-culture program"
- Développement sans Frontières (DSF) is a French NGO to provide international volunteers for market and development.
- Georgetown University (USA) gets free consultant and free oversea market research from their Graduate students.
- Starbucks Foundation is our international donor, through Starbucks Share Planet Grant, through YouthActionNet program collaboration between the International Youth Foundation (IYF) and the Starbucks Foundation.
- Raffle International College: this partnership is aim to get their students helping to design our silk products and get their interns students to joint.
-The Artisans’ Association of Cambodia (AAC) is a Fair Trade association that supports organization handicraft who are working with vulnerable people . http://aac.org.kh/
- Government, Ministry of Commerce, Trade Promotion Department (TPD). TPD support in both local and international exhibition aims to promote local product especially handmade products. www.tpd.gov.kh .
-Cambodian Women Entrepreneurs Association (CWEA) networking, training and capacity building for women.