Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered.
Kushagra Srivastava and Prateek Sachan founded an NGO ‘Nurturing nation’ where they built a highly motivated team of 30 Mentors(firstname.lastname@example.org,Head ,Bits Goa Chapter) from IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur who were then trained and supervised to mentor kids from poor background to clear IIT JEE (entrance exam to get into IITs) .These students face the poor education systems which are prevailing in the government schools in India ,that coupled with the limited mindset of their parents who fail to recognise the need to study, contribute to these students not being able to learn effectively and seriously and hence they end unable to gain the exposure required to use their schooling as a window of opportunity. Mentoring and guidance in such a situation focused on increasing and effectively using opportunities available to these kids becomes critical.
Through this venture they learnt how to build and run a team comprised of best minds in the country and keeping up with the difficult task of keeping them motivated. They also closely learnt about the problems and difficulties faced by students who don’t get quality education and also suffer from the various social dogmas imposed upon them by their elders
Prateek and Kushagra also visited over 250 government schools while working for avanti fellows(email@example.com , supervisor ,Avanti Fellows) to identify the problems that are there in the indian education system.
Vasu, Kushagra and Prateek also worked at Enactus IIT Delhi where they worked on eradicating the problem indoor air pollution by making a one of its kind smokeless stove and a one of its kind business model by involving local rural women in making and selling of these stoves, here they learned how to propagate technologies designed for social good and overcome the barriers of a conservative rural market. Till date 500 smokeless stoves have been installed and Enactus IIT Delhi has won the Enactus India National Competition. As a consequence Vasu Tekriwal represented Enactus India in South Africa where our team reached the semifinals, amongst 36 National Champions from all over the world.(firstname.lastname@example.org,Ex team leader Enactus IIT Delhi (Employee at At Karney))
Vasu Tekriwal , Prateek Sachan and Kushagra Srivastava then started a social initiative where they collected wastepaper from urban residential communities ,they gauged and learnt about the perceptions and willingness of the well off people regarding donating for a social cause through going door to door to around 2500 homes personally ((+91)9971943399 -Ms Kusum,Donor,Munirka)and interacting with these people personally .During the course of time they built a team of local waste paper collectors who did this work themselves and learnt team building of people with dire hands-on skills and hardworking abilities but who are less educated and whose primary motivation is not intrinsic but the problems they face in providing for their family. They also then tied up with Khanna Papers(A $ 600 million company pioneering in recycling wastepapers) and used the collected wastepaper by recycling them into high quality notebooks and distributing them to the underprivileged kids. During this time they built a fruitful relationship with the big conglomerate which was useful to both the parties(email@example.com , CEO , Khanna Papers). Till now we have distributed over 1.1 lakh notebooks to the underprivileged .We have also been covered many times in the most renowned papers of India.(http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/IIT-team-reuses-waste-pape...)
Vasu Tekriwal and Kushagra Srivastava won the India Business Case Study Competition and consequently went on to represent India in the HSBC/HKU Asia Pacific case study competition held in Hong Kong where there were representatives of 19 Asia Pacific countries. It was an intense learning experience for them .There they learned about various cultures and behaviours of multi national people ,made contacts and learned about various approaches to businesses taken by such a diverse crowd.
Prateek , Vasu and Kushagra designed and patented A-Maze ,a unique low cost desk cum bag made out of recyclable cardboard to tackle the problem of lack of furniture in Govt Schools in India.A-Maze incorporates in it a rural marketing tool which helps big FMCGs to have a reliable marketing took for the scattered rural market of India.It is a classical example of using business ideas to create a long lasting impact.A-maze was appreciated by our late president Dr A P J Abdul Kalam and was launched by the Dy Chief Minister of Delhi Mr Manish Sisodia at IIT Delhi.We have completed 2,000 orders till now and we are received more than 10,000 orders which we are completing currently.There has been immense coverage of A-Maze in the media.Here are the articles- PFA the article
Beyond your existing team, who else are you working with to achieve your objectives, eg partners, advisors, mentors?
We have the following mentors for the project:
1. Rajnath Singh - Honourable Home Minister Of India, Government of India (contact confidential)
2. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi - Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Government of India (contact confidential)
3. Anurag Thankur - Member of Lok Sabha, Government of India (contact confidential)
4. Sanjeev Sanghi - Professor, Department of Applied Mechanics, Indian Institute Of Technology Delhi (+91 98-91-155-484, firstname.lastname@example.org )
5. Anirudh Sharma - Head, MIT Media Lab India (0 81-23-011-010, email@example.com)
6. Rajeev Doval - National Head - Marketing Communication & Branding–Times Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Shiva Dhawan - Business Analyst, A.T. Kearney (+91 97-11-024-689)
8. Sahil Singla - Business Analyst, Goldman Sachs (+91 98-18-101-795)
9. Akshay Saxena - Co-founder Avanti fellows, MBA from Harvard Business School
1. Times Foundation, media partner - CSR wing of Times Group
2. Khanna Paper, industry partner - India's second largest paper manufacturing company
3. Mentor Together, on ground partner - A NGO that works with the underprivileged kids in India
4. Indian Institute Of Technology Delhi, technology development partner
5. Indian Institute of Management Indore, business development partner
6. ITSA, creative partner - India's best creative agency
7. Goonj, on ground partner - India's largest NGO
8. Avanti fellows, on ground partner - India's fastest growing social enterprise
9. Enactus India