Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered.
1. Top 6 Finalists of the World Bank Youth Group Summit 2015: Crowdsourcing Solutions for Climate Change by the World Bank
The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015 focuses on young's people role to fight against climate change. The Summit invites the brightest young minds from around the world to use their knowledge and creativity to crowdsource solutions for climate change that contribute to growth and development in developing and emerging countries.
I submitted the business proposal of 'Franchise model of VermiPonics system for urban and peri-urban agriculture production in India' to the World Bank. It got selected by the Committee as the Top 6 Finalists out of the submitted 350 proposals from more than 70 countries and was invited to present the proposal to the World Bank in Washington DC.
2. 1st Place Winner of the International Climate Adaptation Business Challenge 2014 (AQGRI+) by Climate-KIC
International Climate Adaptation Business Challenge 2014 is an international competition that is held by Knowledge for Climate institute and Climate-KIC to compete different business ideas from all over the world (78 submissions from 28 countries) that address climate adaptation issue in their business model. The final stage of the competition was held at the Deltas in Times of Climate Change II conference in Rotterdam on September 25, 2014, where AQGRI+ won the 1st place of the competition with its idea of waste-to-values technology.
3. theJourney Summer school by Climate-KIC
The focus of the summer school is on Climate Change and Entrepreneurship. The 5-weeks summer school was aiming to develop a business model that can help to mitigate climate change. My group/project is called 'E-Way'. I took the position of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) whose main responsibility was to identify potential market for the service. With my other group members, we put forward a business plan to sell superfast charging services for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers on highways, in order to tackle two major issues of EVs, which are short range and long charging time. Together, we propounded a unique selling point by providing a super-fast charging service using energy partially from renewable energy (wind-source) and sustainable technology (battery storage) on highways where people are more willing to pay premium price. E-Way was nominated as the "Best Speech" during the Final Competition.
4. Wastewater treatment design associate at Dutch Start-up by Safi Sana
Safi Sana is a company that collects toilet and organic waste from slums to produce biogas and organic fertilizer and sell them to the market in Ghana, I contributed in the development of wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) design for their new future biogas plant site in the city of Ashaiman. I worked together with the technical manager of Safi Sana towards the detailed design of the site by looking at different WWTP technological options and scenarios, dimensioning and drawing the selected scenario, and developing the BOQ (Bill of Quantities) for the selected WWTP.
Beyond your existing team, who else are you working with to achieve your objectives, eg partners, advisors, mentors?
1. WASTE (the Netherlands) is an international organisation specialised in business development in sanitation and solid waste management in developing countries. They have 30 years experience in India for innovative financing and waste management. They are supporting AQGRI+ in franchising model development of VermiPonics in India.
2. FINISH Society (India) is a local organisation specialised in local financing for waste management projects and waste-to-values activities. They have built strong record across 10 states in India within the respective field. They are supporting AQGRI+ in brainstorming options for local financing, local stakeholders management, and provision of location for demonstration project.
3. Climate-KIC (Europe) is Europe's largest public-private innovation partnership focused on climate innovation to mitigate and adapt to climate change. AQGRI+ is an active member of Climate-KIC network to connect with other social entrepreneurs in Europe.