Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered.
1. Our stove is the first model in the world to use uncarbonized bagasse briquettes which has opened up new entrepreneurial opportunities.
2. The initiative was presented to Kenya Forest Service (KFS) which has now created a platform for us to demonstrate our products during public exhibition forums. These opportunities have yielded a level of success in terms of creating awareness and generating demand for our products.
3. Our application to be included in the RBF (Results Based Financing) project was successful. This project will allow us to sell our stoves on credit to microfinance groups which will greatly address the financing barrier which is among the leading causes of poor adoption of clean cookstoves.
4. We have managed to achieve great success with minimum resources including distributing cookstoves to 2,000 households.
Beyond your existing team, who else are you working with to achieve your objectives, eg partners, advisors, mentors?
1. UN habitat - Training the youth on construction of biomass gasification cookstoves.
2. SNV - Public sensitization activities
3. Global Social Benefit Institute - Business training for the CEO
4. Kenya Climate Innovation Center - Incubation for our business
5. Kenya Forest Service - Public sensitization
6. University of Nairobi - Stove testing
7. Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves - Capacity building and funding
8. Clean Cookstoves Association of Kenya - Standards development for clean cookstoves, creation of an enabling environment for clean cookstoves sector
9. Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute - Stove testing and design development