Core strategies of your business model [select all that apply]
Patient-centered design, New/redefined roles for healthcare service provision, New approaches to distribution of health products and services, Unconventional partnerships (between traditional healthcare players and players outside healthcare).
What is your value proposition?
Affordable, Anytime, Quality healthcare services at just a click of dial-in button. The second USP is our partners- we have a Large Healthcare company, an IT Major, India's largest telecom company and best practices from Medibank Australia as our team. Together we are driving Government, Insurance companies, Telecom operators and Rural health initiatives. The system is now evolving to address promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services as well to address the public health problems through general calls as well as focused point services for chronic disease management, mother and child, emergency care, etc.
Who is your customer(s)?
Mediphone as a project was started to target the needs of a middle class tier 1, tier 2 town individual that hasn't got anytime to take care of his health, he skips his doctor appointment and self-prescription is his way of life. Mediphone has now started to tie up with State Governments for Rural healthcare and setting up of non-emergency helplines and
What approaches to you use to reach your customers?
Our first approach was through HealthLine 24X7 which was a standalone health classifieds service to start off with. We got great response from patients that were looking for healthcare services. Then we tied up with Airtel- India's largest telecom operator and they opened their entire subscriber base (stands at 250 Million +) to us. Now we are partnering with regional state governments to tie-up and launch this service in their region. We are also coming up with a mobile app for our 900 Million affluent citizens.
What are your primary activities?
The service offers:
- Medical advice including self care, doctor’s consultation and/or medication
- Lifestyle counselling
- Senior care and Rehabilitation counselling
- Emergency referral – In case of emergencies, the service can transfer the call to emergency services and medical service providers like ambulance services, emergency services, hospitals and diagnostic centers, based on the location of the patient.
- Health Classifieds to locate a nearby facility and gain knowledge about it (not many classifieds service in India today captures- Doctor timings, Cash/Credit card as mode of payment, Distance from the caller's house etc).
What other challenges - individual, organizational, or environmental – are you currently facing or might hinder future success of your business, and how do you plan to overcome those?
There are 3 challenges that we have faced and have overcome 2 of them already.
1. Staff turnover- As there is a steep Doctor to patient ratio in the country, it i shard to retain doctors for long. But today we have handy training material, briefing sessions and robust SOPs to get a new one recruited and trained in 2 days flat.
2. Centralized recruitment- Till now the service is doing good but in case the call volumes increase to a certain limit, the centralized model wouldn't work. We will then look for Hub and spoke models for the same. Franchising can also be an option but will have to figure out additional quality guidelines for such establishments.
3. Funding- we shall require appropriate funding to scale up and to also evolve our business model and upgrade systems from time to time
Briefly describe your growth strategy going forward
We are already taking an audit of uptake in our current circles and planning to come up with better service and subscription packages for areas that have shown keenness and strong uptake, We are planning to involve Pharma companies to help build resources collectively. Leading pharmaceutical companies are now tying up with technology partners to enable consumers identify genuine drugs.
What makes your business "ready" for growth?
The Public Private partnerships
The Value chain with incentives aligned for each stakeholder
Being the Virtual but First Point of care connect for individuals.
Technology using the data for analytics and better market understanding
What are your key growth objectives?
Identify channels in our network/current setup where maximum growth can be availed.
Derive more motivation for Organisation and people to be involved and deliver