Which of these fields of Active and Healthy Ageing are addressed by your initiative?
Assisted daily living, Independent living solutions, Social inclusion (intergenerational practice, work and volunteering).
If none of the above, answer here:
Please describe if and how your stakeholders (cooperation partners, funders, users, etc.) have been participating in defining the problem and developing the solution.
During the project, partners will study the best practices of each participating regions and countries regarding the employment of the elderly. Collecting experiences and data each partner can reflect to the policy -makers of their own country regading new practices and trends and can give recommendations.
An important question is the legal background of the employment of retired people. Partners can also give recommendations to policy makers regarding the establishment of the legal framework (eg. part-time workers, mentors, advisors).
Each participant commited to contact the relevant policy-makers at regional level to capitalize results obtained. Moreover the diversity of entities involved will allow addressing stakeholders having policy implementation roles.
Has your solution been tested in trials, experimentations, or pilot projects? If yes, please describe the process and outcome.
We were prepared questioners to elderly and businesses and about analyzed each region for the partners. Later the mapping of each region was built in the needs analysis of the regions. And also the mapping and analyzing of the regions were compiled into the project. When we collected all datas we built them into our database and started the test phase with stakeholders via Focus group meetings and Interactive forums. We did it in four countries and four regions. Collected all difficulties and we made policy reccommendations wich are relevant all partners countries.
What barriers might hinder the success of your initiative? How do you plan to overcome them?
- Luck of capitol and the attitude of policymakers.
- Economic market in recession; lack of job opportunities
- Social prejudices linked to age
- Incapability of companies to retain experts 55+ talent
On the other hand:
- Difficulties in finding job opportunities.
- Dissatisfaction with current job conditions
- Lack of means to support economically themselves and sustain the standard of living
- Motivations associated with of a new lifestyle change desired
- Passion for development an activity
- High financial cost to maintain social and health policies
- Increased working life
We made an Implementation Plan and in it we offered the next ones;
- Relations with partners and stakeholders
- ENSURE Subproject dissemination
- Diversification of regional economy through new projects
After the ENSURE period of execution, LEA Heves County commit itself to maintain a dynamic role, as a “catalyst” and union between seniors and no- seniors, to detect and develop synergies. To keep working in the dissemination of the seniors role in the society.