Please describe the goal of your initiative; outline what you are trying to achieve
The goal of this initiative is to improve oral health of rural population in India, thereby health and overall development of the rural population.
What has been the impact of your solution to date?
Not evaluated as the project is in the pilot stage
What is your projected impact over the next five years?
Over the next five years we are looking to achieve min of 10 dental health center each serving population of 30 thousand, who have been educated regarding oral health and insured for health.
What barriers might hinder the success of your project? How do you plan to overcome them?
There are many challenges mainly resource in terms of mobilizing manpower, money and to overcome the socio cultural barriers of rural population.
• Partnership with the teaching dental institutes.
• Clerical and non clerical manpower active women from the self help group will be employed for this programme
• Fund raising from philanthropic institutions
• Involvement of village leaders, gram panchayaths and other governmental agencies in the programme.
• Because of employing the self help groups’ women, villagers will have faith in the programme and make them access the health center.
• The education level of the women in SHGs is very low and to create awareness and deliver oral health education for them skits, role play and demonstrations will be done.
Winning entries present a strong plan for how they will achieve and track growth. Identify your six-month milestone for growing your impact
The programme will be evaluated every six months to assess the effectiveness feasibility and acceptability.
Now think bigger! Identify your 12-month impact milestone
To cover TWO Taluk level SHGs