Tell us about your partnerships
- HealthProm, UK charity, in its 2-year project in Kyrgyzstan on disability issues.
- "Nur Bala" NGO in the Talas region, our main implementing partner with HealthProm project. Working together since summer 2010 (but know much earlier).
- The Association of Parents of Disabled Children, working together since 2008 on child disability issues.
- "Nazik Kyz" NGO is a disability NGO led by a young lady with disabilities. We've known each other for about 6 years. We invite her as a trainer to our trainings.
- "My family and society" NGO of medical professionals that work on child health.
Are you currently targeting other specific populations, locations, or markets for your innovation? If so, where and why?
We currently work on 2 projects targeting parents of disabled children in 3 regions (Talas, Issyk-Kul, Bishkek) and young people in the Talas region. The former one is aimed at empowering parent-led NGOs funded by ICCO, the latter one is funded by the Soros Foundation and is about training citizen journalists among young people.
In our new project we would like to continue working in the Talas region as it is one of the least developed regions in the country.
What type of operating environment and internal organizational factors make your innovation successful?
We're quite young NGO with a small team of 3 enthusiastic people who have good skills in project implementation and new technologies. We were the first in the country that have conducted the most 'techi' int'l conference on child disability issues in 2011. We were the first to open a disability web-site in the country in 2009 - www.kelechek.kg (now operated by ARDI). We were the first in the disability sector - to launch Google group which is the only and the biggest one in the country (over 90 subscribers). We were the first to start in 2009 the largest advocacy campaign on disability issues called "Driving against indifference!" which has now become annual (everytime it's covered by almost all leading mass media).
We try to be innovators in learning new and applying to practice.
Please elaborate on any needs or offers you have mentioned above and/or suggest categories of support that aren't specified within the list