What has been the impact of your solution to date?
• Every 3.8 seconds someone dies of hunger in the world, 75 percent of those are children.
• More than 800 million people go to bed hungry every day, 300 million are children.
• More than 1.5 billion people around the world live on less than a $1 a day.
• Over 40 million people have HIV/AIDS
• A billion people have inadequate access to water.
The money saved by the days of peace and no conflict can be used by each country’s economy to solve problems such as illiteracy, eradicating poverty, global warming, cancer and AIDS research cancer and can help countries to reach the UN millennium Development Goals.
What is your projected impact over the next 1 to 3 years?
We believe that attaining world peace has always been an objective that has never had a time frame and through this initiative, we are introducing the discipline of time to that noble cause. People act when they have a deadline to meet and that is what we are banking on.
Hence in 2014 we hope that the first day of each month will be World Peace Days (e.g. Jan 1, Feb 1, March 1,… Dec 1) would be World Peace Days or twelve days in 2014.
In the year 2015 the 1st and 2nd day of each month will be World Peace Days. That is Jan1 & 2, Feb 1 & 2, March 1 &2,…Dec 1 & 2 will be World Peace Days. That is 24 Peace Days in 2015
So after three years we expect 48 days of peace.
What barriers might hinder the success of your project? How do you plan to overcome them?
Terrorism. We have letters of support from the President of China, the President of Chili, the Prime Minister of Australia. We seek support from other leaders also.