Please share what your organisation and Boehringer Ingelheim will Co-Create together
The Action Data Initiative will co-create innovations that make use of improved data collection, filtering , analysis and visualization leveraging existing and emerging technologies. The Venture aims to produce new value from data collection processes while encouraging real time or near-real time analysis and visualization. As a pilot, we will co-create a clinical trial tracking system for efficient, private and ethical collection of field data, saving time, resources and producing insights on trends.
If you selected "other" above, please explain:
Please provide a 1-2 sentence summary of your Co-Creation idea
Data is merely data until it is actionable ! The Action Data Initiative plans to design, develop and co-create systems for collecting, analyzing and visualizing diagnostics data for improved health outcomes. We envision empowering community health volunteers in collection of actionable data for analizing and visualization.
How does this project link to the core mission of your organisation?
The appropriate collection and analysis of data translates to advocacy for best health outcomes and aligns with OGRA Foundation's implementation strategy pillars. The Action Data Initiative will also create benefits for the community health volunteers through data skills transfer and training. The meaningful and actionable data generated will equally drive quick responses during disease outbreaks. Our department of Monitoring , Evaluation and research that looks into data, information and "answers" to community needs will gain through this project
Beyond social impact, how does this project link to Boehringer Ingelheim’s core business?
The Action Data Initiative could link to BI core business in the following ways;
1) Diagnosis data for patients- The more patients diagnosed, the better the ability to respond with medicines. This leads to more sales through BI-OGRA Foundation co-supply chain,
2) Stopping Counterfeit medicines- This is a huge emerging issue for all pharmaceutical companies, but on , BI is fighting head on. Being able to prove that this can work at the project level can make it possible to globalize that best practice/talent.
3) Diagnostic information-Fewer medications going to waste; ability to track medicines in rural areas can lead to fewer medicines going to waste.
4) Future- This initiative can be expanded possibly to clinical trials, making it easier to get participation
5) Most important- the patients' diagnostic data is treated ethically and thoughtfully for increasing quality of life and productivity.
This initiative will help BI co-create with a team of health professionals and project monitors who have been involved in supply of medicines to point of care before. We plan to avail, through our offices and in-country agents, the medicines from Boerhinger Ingelheim to both corporate and public clients who pay for cash or on medical insurance. Our endemic Burkitt's Lymhoma (eBL) project that targets children, that runs a sensitization, screening, testing, diagnosis, treatment and follow up, is a good platform to initiate clinical trials in oncology. Malaria and acute bacterial meningitis also form a good case for studies. eBL affects children and is associated with EBV virus and blood plasmodium infection.
What are the specific inputs and actions that each side will contribute to this Co-Creation idea based on each of your unique competencies and experiences?
My organization will contribute: OGRA Foundation- The Action Data Initiative
1. Providing expertise on health data delivery and diagnosis needs in the hard to reach villages and health facilities
2. Access to and establishment of trust with our beneficiaries/ customers/ clients/patients
3. Good and reliable insights into pricing and financing of health services/products ,given our presence in the local market scene.
4. Behavior change insights and competencies
Boehringer Ingelheim will contribute:
1.Support for pilot of Action Data Initiative, potentially in a clinical trials setting
2. Understanding of supply chains and how data is used in decision making
3. Global presence and linkages with affiliates and partners
4. Discovering and securing additional partnerships and support based on other BI strategic co-creators
Please describe the potential revenue model for this Co-Creation idea.
Improved data for decision making capabilities has a number of cost saving and revenue generating elements. We envision as a pilot focusing on clinical trail setting, and co-creating other promising action data initiatives that can sustain revenue, then begin to scale up recurring revenue that will finally sustain the whole project. Pharmaceutical companies will pay about$25,000 to accrue a divers group of individuals into clinical study. It is our intention to have competitive rates with value increases in how data is collected and presented . The data provides ready participants that can speed up the recruitment process and at the same time accelerate the study and treatment results.
What possible risks or challenges do you foresee?
The Action Data Initiative will face challenges associated with new digital technology, and the analysis and sharing of data. To mitigate these challenges we can run a mutually beneficial clinical focused pilot to prove that the concept can grow. Other challenges may include changes in project scope and the need for skills training around data management and analysis.
Is there anything else you would like to share about your Co-Creation idea?
We would very much welcome other co-creators' thinking regarding our approach so that together we can co-create a viable product that fits the market well.
If you selected "other" above, please explain:
Besides Boehringer Ingelheim, what other types of partners might be valuable to carrying out your Co-Creation idea, and why?
A partner with mobile and web technology competencies would be valuable to carrying out our co-Creation idea. This is because of their competencies and skills is designing and developing an efficient, automated data collection process while implementing real time or near-real time analysis and visualization of collected data. The collected data, we believe, will drive insightful meaning on trends and at the same time allow for drill down in these trends.