What impact have you had?
CETIM /Centre for Education, Tolerance and Multiculturalism) is a newly formed NGO. It consists of experts who are different nationalities and are succesfull in their professions, devoted to promote tolerance and multiculturalism on local and global level, with a special attention to rural communities.
1. Preparing curricula for individuals and for general practitioners by leading experts.
2. Distribution of CD's with lectures, training course materials and other promotional and educational materials to every houshold and health care provider in pilot rural community
3. Educational campaign in local media as well as campaign for sensitivity of public to this problem in schools and enterprises
4. Advocacy to local authorities to make program sustainable in the future
5. Promotion of activities on national and international level
6. Monitoring and evaluation of activities and results
1. Rural health care providers are educated how to talk with every patient about mental health and how to recognize symptoms and threat them
2. Individuals from rural communities are trained how to recognize symptoms of mental disorders and how to report them to hteir health providers
3. Families from rural communities have learned how to support member of family with mental disorder
4. A pilot rural community bacame first "mental health conscious community"
What will it take for your project to be successful over the next three years? Please address each year separately, if possible.
1. Recognition from local authorities, accepteness from health care providers and public
2. Spreading activities to other communities
3. Recognition a general practitioners, not psychiatrist as a baseline for prevention and treatment of mental disorders
What would prevent your project from being a success?
Lack of support from menagement of health institutions and Health insurence to change current system of prescribing drugs for some mental disorders just py psychiatrists