Example: Walk us through a specific example(s) of how this solution makes a difference; include its primary activities.
"After the Dynamo Camp experience F. has gained much of the confidence in herself and in others that she had lost with her illness. She came home much more confident in herself than when she left and at last she can talk about herself and her feelings again - something she hasn't done for ages. Thanks to you I can hope that little by little everything can be the way it used to be "before" and, I assure you, it's been a long time since I've thought that." (letter from a mum to Dynamo Camp). The magic of the location and the children's energy and willingness to learn and experiment something new, meet the creativity of well known contemporary artists, resulting in a work that reflects the artist's style, yet adapted to campers' language.
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Also describe the projected future impact for the coming years.
In 2013, Dynamo Camp hosted 1,200 children and youths and 200 families (parents and siblings). The most important and long term impact is given by the permanent change in the kids mentality and approach to life. More, the kids has the opportunity to come back to the camp up to 3 times and give continuity to the work. The artwork produced by kids represents their feelings and fears, they are able to keep it real and manage it through the art language. Since children come from Europe, Africa and Middle East the project has an international impact and it can count on the professional experience of well-known artist, such as Edith Kia, Valerio Berruti, Ozmo and Troilo. Moreover the impact is also very tangible, because the result is an artwork, produced after a stimulating process where children can freely express themselves.
Spread Strategies: Moving forward, what are the main strategies for scaling impact?
- Dynamo Art Factory has already involved 3500 kids from 2009 till today
- During 2013 summer sessions, almost 800 campers took part to this project. Children come from Italy, Germany, Belarus, Latvia and Middle East
- Dynamo Camp has already planned to increase the number and the countries of the kids hosted year by year
- Art Factory is easy to replicate inside the Serious Fun Children's Network (16 camps all around the world)
- Art Factory could be also replicated by those who already perform art therapy projects (with or without the presence of a famous artist)