What solution(s) does your initiative address to help emerging entrepreneurs and small businesses grow and thrive in underserved communities? (select all applicable)
Access to financing, Access to talent, Access to technology, Access to economic opportunity.
What has been the impact of your solution to date?
This is still an idea, so there haven't been impact yet, but I observed impact of other ideas I have brought to live, like "Rent an artist", rewarded at European Culture Congress. Bringing artist (sculptor) to business had a great social impact. Many businessmen saw, than art and culture is important, that it's an investment, than more educated staff mean greater incomes and the managing process become more effective. For employers it was great experience their creativity – they saw, the art like a hobby can make the difference in their lives. They have stayed better workers, so they salaries and bonuses have risen. For an artist it was great opportunity to make money on his art. There is a great interest with continue project from business side, and now it's easier to have a donation for art projects in Września area, so thus was more art projects only within 3 months after 1st edition “Rent an artist” than within whole year before.
What is your projected impact over the next 1-3 years?
The impact of the project:
• initiate the culture economy in country
• reduce unemployment among artists
• create new labor market in country
• increase a demand for books
• reduce the country's cultural exclusion and isolation of the blinds
• create environment for the promotion of contemporary Polish literature
• reveal new talents
• increase cultural activities and talented people both as consumers and creators of culture
• rise specialized businesses to serve the publishing and self-publishing sector
• appear niche bookstores and galleries online
• increase community participation in promoting polish literature by crow funding
• artists and unemployed get tools to get new skills and buid profi experience to stay more competitive at the labor market
What barriers might hinder the success of your project? How do you plan to overcome them?
The main identified barriers are:
1. Authors reluctance to taking responsibility for their work
2. Conviction about the prestige of printed books
3. Distrust when dealing with freelancers
4. Reluctance for marketing and no business thinking
5. No confidence with innovative tools
6. Conviction about lower prestige of digital books
7. Low level of knowledge about e-books and audiobooks
8. Low saturation of e-book readers
1. Social campaigns for self-publishing and using e-readers
2. Cooperate with Polish producer of e-readers and its distribution
3. Cooperation with the Polish Association of the Blind to promote audiobooks,
4. Cooperation with portals promoting modern Polish literature, multimedia-books and hypertext.
5. PR campaigns in media an
Winning entries present a strong plan for how they will achieve and track growth. Identify your six-month milestone for growing your impact
Now think bigger! Identify your 12-month impact milestone