Scaling the Solution: How do you intend to scale your activities over the next two years (e.g., reach new markets, diversify solutions, etc.)? What will make this possible?
After we fully develop the PlantIt app, and have a successful relationship with users and tree nurseries, we intend to scale up the idea to community gardens and rooftop gardens. The idea is to engage users to start with easy steps, and results which can then easily be scaled up to larger projects that can easily be done, benefit the community and improve the problem we set out to solve. Once we have the pilot programmes well set in place, we intend on expanding to other cities outside of KL to include the other countries represented in the team behind the idea, namely Croatia, Australia, India and Mexico.
Financial Sustainability: What is your business model to ensure financial sustainability?
PlantIt requires very little revenue to sustain its operations. We believe that a 5% cut of the crowdfunding generated through the app will be more than enough to ensure operations and build extra functionality as the app grows. The other 95% goes towards the nursery to plant and maintain the tree which also supports local nurseries who are a low growth business in most parts of the world.
Experience: Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered.
The team behind the idea has all had very different entrepreneurial experiences and it is due to that experience that we were all selected to be part of the Global Startup Youth event which was a side event to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The variety of entrepreneurial skills in the team is what makes this idea solid and easily expandable, added to the passion and diversity of each individual.