Audience: Who have you identified as your customer/recipient groups and do these groups value your solution for different reasons? How do you engage different customer/recipient groups to deliver your solution?
- Our customers are businesses and / or office complexes that either sell coffee, items bottled in glass, packaged in paper, or consume paper in almost any way.
- Customers value our solution for the following key reasons: 1) it’s far less expensive than current recycling service providers, and 2) in the future, payment for the waste by an upcycler provides a “kickback” for them.
- Currently we personally contact our customers but in the future we will direct them to our website.
Scaling the solution: How would the prize money and publicity help you to achieve your objectives over the next two years?
- Funds the growth of a sales team
- Funds the exploration of upcycling partners
- Funds the growth of our network of vans to scale the idea
- Funds research and development of social-change projects aimed at increasing recycling uptake
- Creates legitimacy for the idea of providing a vital public service using technology and collaborative consumption for ‘good’
- Breeds potential Community Managers around the world who may be interested in franchising the idea
- Creates a buzz among upcyclers to request waste from us and help scale the idea
- Benefits the industry overall by showing there’s great potential for our waste
Experience: Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered
1. Established my academic program, International Business & Chinese Enterprise, as an official organization at the University of South Carolina. This allowed us to conduct various informational talks on international business issues.
2. Brand Partner for Vemma. Helped expand the company in Hong Kong and the University of South Carolina.
3. Traider. Created a mobile trading platform that allowed users to buy and sell goods through their phone.
Are you are eligible to attend the Accelerator event in Cambridge and subsequent events in London, UK in January, 2015?