Tell us about the social impact of your innovation. Please include both numbers and stories as evidence of this impact
The innovation can create a large number of self employment and increase the consumption of young/king coconut which generates more jobs. In parallel the reduction of the consumption of carbonated beverages will make the people healthier. The device can be sold to each small boutique in Sri Lanka and the street-side peddlers who sell coconut drink. The device will also persuade the shop owners that do not sell coconut drink to re-think about the commodity. In addition the public that possess few to many coconut trees will also be tempted to buy the devices. This makes the selling of the device at least 500,000 in Sri Lanka. The major aim of the project is to reach the South East Asian market which will be the selling of several million devices within the first 5 years.
Problem: Describe the primary problem(s) that your innovation is addressing
The drawbacks of coconut drink to compete with carbonated beverages and the large number of women involved with the business who find it very time consuming and laborious to cut the fruit for a customer. Cutting 7-8 coconut for a group of customers will make the seller totally exhausted.
Actions: Describe the steps that you are taking to make your innovation a success. What might prevent that success?
1. Apply for a patent
2. Find an enterprenuer
3. Start the manufacturing process while launch the advertising campaign
4. start the marketing process
Results: Describe the expected results of these actions over the next three years. Please address each year separately, if possible
1. establishment of the factory
2. Launching of advertsing campaign (mostly through sales representatives)
3. Start manufacturing prcess
5. Marketing at least 10,000 units
1. Marketing at least 50,000 units
2. launch marketing camapigns in other countries
1. Selling at least 1,000,000 units
2. exapnding the production capacity
If your innovation seeks to impact public policy, how?
Approximately 150 words left (1200 characters).