Example: Walk us through a specific example(s) of how this solution makes a difference; include its primary activities.
The Girl-LEAD Project provides a platform where young girls (without any discrimination in status, ethnic group, course of study, institution or religion) of senior secondary and college school age acquire the necessary leadership, entrepreneurial and allied skills needed to become entrepreneurial leaders and change-makers in the society.
The program will entail intensive and interactive sessions and workshops, one on one mentoring from established individuals and organizations, Hands-on practical experience through placement in organizational facilities during holidays, Volunteerism and community service, Computer training and IT skills, and Vocational skills acquisition.
We believe that by empowering girls, we are empowering the society
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Also describe the projected future impact for the coming years.
The Girl-LEAD Project will empower about 300 girls. Positive impact will be achieved when:
• Girls realize their relevance and ability in building the society and solving social problems.
• With mentorship from vibrant leaders in various fields, more girls are enlightened and encouraged to become leaders and entrepreneurs.
• More girls are engaged in volunteering activities and community service.
• More female change-makers are produced and motivated to solve problems and become role models for the younger generation.
• Due to the opportunity to volunteer and gain practical hands-on working experience in organizations, their skills are enhanced and they have greater chance for employment.
• The Gender Inequality Index of Nigeria is reduced since more girls are given the same opportunities as boys to become entrepreneurial leaders and change-makers.
Spread Strategies: Moving forward, what are the main strategies for scaling impact?
Our vision is to create a society where women are just as empowered as men and are actively involved in solving world problems.
Strategy: The study program will run for 4 months beginning in the University of Benin where I study, thereafter in secondary schools and other colleges in my state. During this period, viral awareness would be created about the project both physically and virtually. With more impact, team involvement, awareness, collaboration and partnerships, the Girl-LEAD Project will spread to other institutions in Nigeria and futuristically in other countries of the world.