PRADEEP K. GHOSH
TO PROVIDE COMPLETE SOCIAL SECURITY TO ALL.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
[ 2004 ] Ashoka - Innovators for the Public Arlington, USA
Fellowship (Social Entrepreneur)
[ 1991 ] Master of Business Administration Bhopal, MP, India
[ 1986 ] Bachelor of Science (Statistics) Bhopal, MP, India
[ 1987 ] PG Diploma in Computer App. Bhopal, MP, India
[ 1988 ] Diploma in Engineering Bhopal, MP, India
Elected to ASHOKA Fellowship in 2004 in recognition of creative and entrepreneurial leadership and commitment to make large scale changes in society.
The recognition was given for my Social Security Model that enables Food, Health, Livelihood, Economic, Social and Old Age Security to all. The model has been built especially to benefit the economically weaker sections in Developing countries.
The 'Social Security' Model received the GLOBAL INNOVATION AWARD for “HEALTH FOR ALL” organized by CHANGE MAKERS in June 2006. The model was chosen among 139 models from 40 countries.
'The Museum School' Model received the Kubera-Edelweiss Award for Education Innovation organized by Edelgive Foundation in 2009.
The Rural Education Model 'GRAMODAYA' received the HP-EIFI Education Innovation Award organized by Hewlett Packard and Education Innovation Foundation India in 2013.
The Disabled Health Insurance Model 'NIRAMAYA' received the Social Impact Award organized by Times of India in 2013.
[2003 onwards] Organisation for Awareness of Integrated Social Security
as President (OASiS), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
[ 2002 ] National Innovation Foundation Ahmedabad, Gujarat
as National Coordinator - IT
[ 1998-2000 ] PLAN International New Delhi, India
as Regional IS&T Manager (ASIA-PACIFIC) heading 10 countries.
[ 1995-1998 ] FUJITSU Optel Limited Bhopal, MP, India
as Manager Systems and MIS
[ 1986-1995 ] MP Oil Federation Bhopal, MP, India
as Manager Systems
[ 1991 ] Bhopal University Bhopal, MP, India
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
? Merit Holder in Univ. with specialization in Marketing and Operations Research.
[ 1986 ] Bhopal University Bhopal, MP, India
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
? Specialization in Statistics and Mathematics.
[ 1987 ] Bhopal University Bhopal, MP, India
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
? Merit Holder in University with specialization in System Analysis and Design and Database Management.
[ 1988 ] MP Technical Board Bhopal, MP, India
Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
? Specialization in Telecommunication and Automation.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
* Member, State Health Planning and Research Group in 2004.
* Member, UNFPA RCH research in MP, and Drafted the RCH Report of Madhya Pradesh in 2003.
* Researched and Documented UNICEF’s Routine Immunization Coverage through MCD Strategy in MP in 2003
* Member, Baseline Study for UNICEF’s Project “A community action for quality of MCH Care” in Dhar, MP by Indian Institute of Health Management Research in 2002.
* Researched Social Security Systems in Developed countries and their relevance to the needs and capacities in the developing world in 2001-2002 for OASiS.
* Researched Health Insurances for the Disabled in the developed countries in 2003-2004 for OASiS.
* Researched Informal Education models in India in 2003-2004 for OASiS.
* Presently doing a research on best practices of health sector models that were part of Changemakers competition on “Health for All”. The research is aimed at making a complete self-sustainable solution for addressing health issues in developing countries, by combining the best practices of successful experiments and innovative ideas in the health sector.
* OASiS Social Innovation Lab published in Singapore Management University's SOCIAL SPACE 2013-14 Annual Publication
Social Security System Model Pilot in Betul District, MP. The first pilot of the model in the country is supported by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Integrated Tribal Development Project and Friends of Women World Banking. The Pilot was conducted in 3 tribal villages of Central India (MP) and replicated in 4 villages of Western India (Mah). It is now being replicated in 2 villages in East India (Bihar).
Pioneered an advocacy movement to secure social security rights for the disabled. Developed an ideal insurance model for the Disabled. The achievement of the movement was the formation of a National Core Group (of which I was a part) to design a universal health insurance framework for the disabled. The movement saw the mentally challenged in the country receive a health insurance at par with the able bodied, without any bias or extra conditions. The model was implemented nationally by The National Trust as NIRAMAYA.
An informal vocational education project 'The Museum School' for non-school going children in urban slums of Bhopal, MP. The project aims at developing responsible self-employed citizens from the vulnerable community of rag pickers and laborers. The project is supported by individuals through their tax exempted contributions, philanthropic groups and volunteers. The model was piloted in central India (MP) and has been replicated in 3 Metro cities Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi.
A rural education model designed to teach Rural Development to Rural children and make them employable for Govt Welfare programmes and NGOs. The model is being piloted in 3 states of India: MP, WB, and AP.
A Social Credit model to encourage Volunteering among youth. The Social Credit system has been developed as an Advantage based system, giving advantage to socially active youth in higher study admission and employment. The model is being implemented by Volunteer Groups.
OASiS's Social Innovation Labs are now implemented in Universities and Institutes worldwide, to give students an opportunity to test their knowledge and skills hands-on, on social issues and problems of different industries.
Initiated a Global Collaboration in the Health Sector with the finalists of Changemakers Health for All competition. The collaborative project was designed and presented at the Skoll World Forum in Oxford UK.
* Tuition camps for the urban poor and deprived children.
* Educational support to the Rural youth.
* Advocacy movement for Right to Social Security for the Disabled.
* People’s Movement to create awareness about and reduce environmental pollution in urban areas.
* Emotional support to the Aged in Old-Age Homes.
Date of Birth : January 30, 1966
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Spouse : Dr Shibani Ghosh
Address : 158, Shakti Nagar, Bhopal – 462 024, MP, India.
Telephone : 0091-755-4274407. Mobile: 0091-98932-74407
Email : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Hindi, Bengali (Speak, Read, Write)
Forests - they give me a sense of equality where there is no discrimination and everyone is welcome
Sea - The vastness and calmness speaks of its grandeur. It posesses two-third of the world's natural treasure
Socio-economic Equality among all