As a social entrepreneur I want to make a positive impact on people in need in developing counties. With ONEforONE we have a (financially) sustainable business model that is not dependent on subsidies or donations. By developing a market-driven solution, we hope to help people not only in the short, but also in the long term.
During a sabbatical in 2007 I spent a month teaching little children in an orphanage near Bogota, Colombia. This was a very special experience for me, as it really opened my eyes about the inequalities in this world, but also the strength of these children. It really changed my ideas about my own ambitions and dreams for the future.
Giving people, and especially, children in developing countries a fair chance of healthy of better future by helping them with their basic needs, such as health care, education and clean drinking water.
- Founder of ONEforONE (www.oneforone.nl)
- Founder of Nederland Cares (www.nederlandcares.nl), a flexible volunteer organization in the Netherlands with operations in 6 cities and thousands of volunteers
- Founder of Tribe-Y, an internet start-up in The Netherlands
- Manager at Bain & Company (www.bain.nl) in Amsterdam and San Francisco, strategy consulting
- Business Development Manager at Heineken (www.heineken.com) in Brazil and Mexico